Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Baseball

2 posters

Go down

Fantasy Baseball Empty Fantasy Baseball

Post by aRod914 Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:06 am

Danza..I was persuaded into doing a fantasy draft. I usually don't do them, because they force me to root for guys not on the Yankees…anyways, heres my lineup…any comments? Chance of winning $400 was too much to pass up.

C Geovany Soto
1b Adrian Gonzalez
2b Brian Roberts
3B Ryan Zimmerman
SS Jimmy Rollins
LF Carl Crawford
CF Grady Sizemore
LF Manny Ramirez
U Xavier Nady

SP Felix Hernandez
SP Justin Verlander
SP James Shields
SP Aaron Harang
SP Gavin Floyd
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Baseball Empty Re: Fantasy Baseball

Post by TDANZA420 Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:33 am

hahaha "they force me to root for guys not on the Yankees"......THIS GUY IS GOOD!!!!

Not bad at all man, depending on the way scoring is done you should have a good team. You seem to have a good mix of power-hitting and RBI guys and should be able to swipe a few bases. Pitching might be shaky but Hernandez and Verlander should bounce back and put up good numbers. (unless Verlander pitched his arm off to get to the World Sieries that year) Floyd is a wild card, i had a chance to take him but passed. Will need the run support he had last year and is known to get hit hard. Being a Sox tho its a nice pick lol

Fantasy leagues are hard cause MLB is a tough sport to predict. Will guys be off the juice and see numbers decline? Who will be the breakout player like Longoria and Quinten were last year?

Nady the only yankee? Even i have more lol
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2007-11-27

http://www.myspace.com/jt2482

Back to top Go down

Post by aRod914 Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:50 am

lol...I was in the 17th round and realized I had no Yankee, so Nady it was!.
Also notice I have no redsox either. I was real close to picking Beckett but couldn't pull the trigger. I couldn't imagine the dilema I would be in when Becket would face the Yankees 3-4 times a year.

I thought Gavin Floyd was great for you guys last year...I didn't know it was due to the large run support. I also have Derek Lowe and Johnny Queto as some backup SP, might have to think of some changes.

BTW..this is H2H league through cbssports. Pitchers lose -5 points for losses and get 7 points for wins.
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:57 pm

ok.....only been using Yahoo the past 2 years and the scoring is done based of 9 catagories i think and who ever has the greater # would win. Avg-h-r-rbi-HR-sb-W-k-whip i think are the 9. Dont get nothing taken away for the loss but just dont gain anything.

Gavin was good and flerted with 2 no-no's but alot of people dont expect him to have the same year he did last year. I hope he does lol.....not sure if he will get you alot of K's but more of a groundball hitter.

No Redsux for me either this year lol........hard to draft players from teams i hate (twins, detroit.....anyone in the AL central or SCRUBS) but somehow i always just try to take the player who i think will help me win the $$$ lol
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2007-11-27

http://www.myspace.com/jt2482

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down