Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Alex

4 posters

Go down

For Alex Empty For Alex

Post by YAYONAIZE Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:02 pm

YAYONAIZE
YAYONAIZE
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2007-11-28

Back to top Go down

For Alex Empty Re: For Alex

Post by Pappi Joe Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:08 pm

alex, tenemos que hablar! tan pronto me llegue mi consola nos ponemos de acuerdo para tu entrenamiento!
Pappi Joe
Pappi Joe
NBA 2K8 Champ

Number of posts : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by aRod914 Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:42 pm

pappi joe...your avatar is scaring me
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:16 am

precise1987 wrote:pappi joe...your avatar is scaring me

jajaaj that avatar is sweet..........reminds me of something but i can't think of it now.....
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2007-11-27

http://www.myspace.com/jt2482

Back to top Go down

Post by Pappi Joe Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:09 pm

laugh now... it will get ya! By the way, my console was delivered to Texas this morning (tuesday). And now, I wait for it to come back. My girlfriend is loving it!

PS let me know when anyone else is out, I can foward you the avatar LOL
Pappi Joe
Pappi Joe
NBA 2K8 Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:11 am

hahaha pappi no way, i just noticed it now..............his eyes are the red rings of death jajaja man did i miss the bus on that one
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by aRod914 Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:14 am

ooh snap...i missed that too.. i was wondering what happened to the eye of the tiger....jajaja
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Pappi Joe Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:23 pm

the ring of death killed the tiger.... commmon that's the punch! how could you miss that? anyway, as a public service to DSL colleagues, I just spoke to xbox suport and asked the lady for suggestions on how to prevent this from happening again. She advised me to plug the xbox directly to the wall and give the unit a 30 minute break every 5 hours of use... to which I replied: "my girl wont let me play for more than 2 consecutive hours so I should be good". The lady laughed and I said: "I'm not joking, is not even funny, its the truth"

PS she stated the blower could cause more trouble than help the cause!

Last edited by Pappi Joe on Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pappi Joe
Pappi Joe
NBA 2K8 Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by aRod914 Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:04 pm

yes...i heard the samething about those "cooling fans"...cause more damage than they help
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:13 am

my bro has is on, and granted its only used when my xbox breaks it has worked fine. I still have not connected mine up yet, still in the box hahaha
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Pappi Joe Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:26 pm

TDANZA420 wrote:my bro has is on, and granted its only used when my xbox breaks it has worked fine. I still have not connected mine up yet, still in the box hahaha

I rest my case... Smile
Pappi Joe
Pappi Joe
NBA 2K8 Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by YAYONAIZE Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:05 pm

I lifted all of this from the 2ksports.com NBA 2k8 forum. There is some stuff here that will help even the most advanced among us to improve our game. Enjoy.

If you were to RT (Aggressive Modifier) and run straight towards the basket you would have 4 different Dunk options.

UP (12 on a clock) would give you a power dunk. Right (3) would give you a flashy dunk that's less likely to go in, but looks better. Left (9) gives you the dunk with the best probability to go in untouched. Down (6) would give you a reverse dunk.\

Basket Relative FAQ or "What UP means."

A lot of people tend to have a problem with the concept of basket relative. NBA2k8 uses basket relative principals extensively, and gives no way to change anything but the defense to absolute controls.

Basket Relative is actually easy to use, and completely intuitive once you get used to it. You use it right now, but aren't aware of it. If you're not aware of it, you cannot call the correct move you want, and end up guessing as to what move you'll pull off. You'll do the wrong one, miss the shot, and it will frustrate you.

Let's start by envisioning yourself at the top of the key with a 2k or High camera angle. This means that the basket is directly in front of your player, or UP on the controller.

If you picture a clock, the 12 hand is up right now. 6 is Down. 3 is Right and 9 is left. The Clock face we are using connects with the SHOT STICK.

If you were to RT (Aggressive Modifier) and run straight towards the basket you would have 4 different Dunk options.

UP (12 on a clock) would give you a power dunk. Right (3) would give you a flashy dunk that's less likely to go in, but looks better. Left (9) gives you the dunk with the best probability to go in untouched. Down (6) would give you a reverse dunk.

So if you're a Power Dunk kinda player (Jermaine, Shaq, Al Jefferson, Etc.) you would probably want to do a Power Dunk, and it would be good within traffic. If you're a Wade or James, you could do a flashy dunk on the break away. If you're a barely dunker, you always want to use the Basic Dunk to just make sure it goes in. A reverse is also an option for a Wade or James.

That's the control scheme for at the top of the key running at the basket. But what if you're in the corner on the left hand side where Bruce Bowen sits to rain down that Jumper.

The Basket is now at 3 o'clock on a clock. To do the Power dunk, you'd hit RIGHT. To do the Flashy dunk you'd hit DOWN. To do the reverse dunk you'd right LEFT. To do a safe dunk you'd hit UP.

So UP is always the direction towards the basket. Down is always away from the basket.

What if you're half way between the top of the key, and the corner on the 3 point line?

A Power dunk would now be at 2/3 o'clock. A reverse dunk would be at 8/7 o'clock. A Flashy Dunk would be at 4/5 o'clock. And a Basic dunk would be at 10/11 o'clock.

In Other words. A Power dunk is TOWARDS the basket, which happens to be midway between UP and RIGHT. A Reverse dunk is AWAY from the basket, which happens to be midway between DOWN and LEFT. Etc.
At this point you should understand Basket Relativeness.

POST PLAY

The Basic Moves are[/b]

UP (towards the basket) - Hook Shot/Sky Hook
DOWN (away from basket) - Fade Away
LEFT/RIGHT - Side Step Shot

Aggressive Modified Moves are

UP (towards the basket) - Hook Shot/Sky Hook
DOWN (away from basket) - Fade Away
BALL HAND (the direction of the ball hand) - Dunk if you have a good post matchup.
OFF BALL HAND (The direction not the ball hand) - Spinning move. Could be a layup. Could be a hook. You spin that direction.

RT + LEFT ANALOG BALL HAND = Hook Drive. Very effective. Better the Offensive Post Player, the better.

Up and Unders

Close to the Basket
UP/UP - Up and Under Layup. Draws fouls, but not very effective.
RT; UP/UP - (Strong Player) Up and Under dunk. Really really effective. (Weak Player) Up and Under layup. Much less effective.

UP/DOWN - Same as UP/UP
RT; UP/DOWN - Same as UP/UP

UP/RIGHT(or LEFT) - Up and Under Jump shot fading the direction of the second direction.
RT; UP/RIGHT(or LEFT) - Same.

DOWN/DOWN - Up and Under Hook.
RT; DOWN/DOWN - Same.

DOWN/UP - SAME as UP/UP. DOWN and UP for FIRST DIRECTION are the same.

RIGHT/UP - SAME as UP/UP. RIGHT AND LEFT MATTER FOR RIGHT/RIGHT and LEFT/LEFT THOUGH.

WHEN DOES RIGHT AND LEFT MATTER ON FIRST DIRECTION?

They indicate which direction your layup will go. You want to pay attention to SHADING. If the defender is leaning on your left side. You want to start RIGHT. If they are leaning on your right side, start LEFT.

RIGHT/RIGHT - Up and Under Layup to the Right.
LEFT/RIGHT - Up and Under Layup to the Left.

Far From the Basket

Triple Threat Post

The first thing to know is how to engage the triple threat post.

1. Pass the Ball into the post. Post Player should be deep in the post. Don't move.
2. Hold Rt then let go. Post should be activated.

You are now engaged in the Triple Threat Post.

Triple Threat Post Basic Moves

UP with LEFT Analog - Used to create space in 2k7, now starts a normal backdown
DOWN with LEFT Analog - Disengages Post with space. You're now in a normal triple threat. You can reengage post with RT.
LEFT/RIGHT with LEFT Analog - nothing.

-------------------

LAYUPS

There are many different types of layups. The main groupings are I'll explain in two sections. Uncontested and In traffic.

UP (towards basket) - This is a simple layup with the highest likelyhood of going in on a fast break uncontested. This is the layup you want to use with a player with a bad layup rating on a fast break.

DOWN (away from the basket) - This is a floater layup. This can be like Mark Jackson's flip over a big man, or Nash's so you can visualize it. These have a higher likelyhood of missing, and should not be used uncontested. They are strictly for in the lane with traffic.

LEFT - Layup Left. Both are similar to UP unopposed meaning they should just go in.

RIGHT - Layup Right. Both are similar to UP unopposed meaning they should just go in.

But what if you're in traffic? Now layups take on new roles.

UP (towards basket) - Create contact, Circus Shot layups. These layups are for serious traffic, and are a good call when you don't know which direction the help defense may come in. A guy like Wade should often use these. A guy like Luke Ridnour should not.

Examples of what UP will do contested

Jump into the defense with your back, and throw the ball at the basket backwards. Dive straight into the defender and fling the ball up. A variety of these options.

If you have space left or right, it's often better to use Left and Right unless you are a guy known for hitting tough layups.

DOWN (Away from the basket) - Avoid contact, Floaters, get over the big man. These layups are for when the defense is in front of you, but you have space between them. Nash, Tinsley, A variety of guys should use this.

Examples of when to use DOWN.

The basic tactic for this one is isomotioning past the first defender, and then the help defense comes and you float the ball over their head. Your point guard running towards their Center in the paint? You want to hit down.

LEFT - Layup Left. These involve understanding shading. Shading is what side the defender is on.

Examples of when you use LEFT (or RIGHT)

If the defender is on my Right foot preventing me driving right, I should use a size up isomotion right, cross left, and layup left to avoid the defender. If you're going baseline, left and right will also help you finish around defenders. You'll need to practice this to understand.

If you do LEFT running straight down the lane, your path will go to the edge of the paint on the left. You will not use the glass.

If you do UP/LEFT running straight down the lane, you will go the edge of the paint on the left, and throw it off the glass.

The Closer you start your layup to the basket, the more likely you will use the glass. These are not hard and fast rules. Court position matters.

RIGHT - Layup Right. Same thing.

1/2 Circle FAST - Spinning Layup.

Once you start to realize when certain layups will do what, you will understand when to use them. People tend to think of layups as random.

The best way to practice layups is practice, and development Attack the Basket/Triple Threat.

NOTE ON AGGRESSIVE MODIFIER AND LAYUPS

The aggressive modifier allows you to start the layup animation from further out. It also helps create contact, and often is the difference between a contest layup going in, and bouncing away. If you want to use the floater, you should hold RT (Aggressive modifier) while at the top of the key, let go of it, and hold DOWN (away from the basket) on the shot stick. This will allow you to start the layup animation even when normally X would not provide a layup. It would do a jumper.

I.E. Momentum is required to start layup animations instead of jumpers from farther out of the paint.

Manual Manipulation of layups and all moves is a key to doing exactly what you want to do.

GENERAL RULE FOR LAYUPS for those that don't want to pay much attention.

If you have a big guy in front of you, push towards UP. If he's in front of you, and to your left, Push towards UP/RIGHT. If he's in front of you, and to your right, Push towards UP/LEFT. Push away from the defender.

Pressing UP increases the height the ball goes off the backboard.

Example.

A 7 foot defender is in front of you, shaded to your left. Picture the Clock.

You want to press at 1 o'clock. That will get the ball high to avoid the block, while still going RIGHT to avoid the defender.

If you only press at 3 o'clock (LEFT without as much UP) then it will not go high enough. You want to use this when a defender is more RIGHT than in front of you.

So where ever they are shaded, You know which layup to do.
YAYONAIZE
YAYONAIZE
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: