Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assasins Creed

+2
aRod914
STEELCITY637
6 posters

Go down

Assasins Creed Empty Assasins Creed

Post by STEELCITY637 Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:19 pm

Graphics: 9
Gameplay: 9
Online Play: 0
Single Player Mode: 8

OVERALL : 8

My Thoughts: Great game. The cities are huge and look great and the fighting animations are awseome. But the best part of the game comes from the assination kills. Plus you never get tired of doing the leap of faith. Only negative in the single player is the side quests become very repetitive and I ended up skipping a lot towards the end of the game. No MP sucks but if you like assination games this is the game for you.

Danza think of it as Sneak King but instead of delivering burgers you kill the guy.

STEELCITY637
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Assasins Creed Empty Re: Assasins Creed

Post by aRod914 Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:12 pm

doesn't seem to have too much replay value...thats always a big deal when purchasing games for $65
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:04 pm

Good Review Steel!! I planned on renting it yesterday cause I had a coupong that expired....then with my luck...I couldn't find the coupon at the when I was at the Hollywood video Parking lot... Will try it out soon...
GD360
GD360
Admin

Number of posts : 608

http://www.digitalsportsleagues.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:45 am

STEELCITY637 wrote:

Danza think of it as Sneak King but instead of delivering burgers you kill the guy.

Tha alone makes it a 10, since you put it that way i will have to check it out for sure
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 1473

http://www.myspace.com/jt2482

Back to top Go down

Post by canopr360 Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:11 pm

SO U RECOMEND IT TO BUY IT....
canopr360
canopr360
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post by YAYONAIZE Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:04 pm

I just finished the game and, damn, I was bit confused. After doing a bit of research online, I was seriously impressed with the level of thought that was put into the story's layers. AC most certainly takes some risks with the storytelling element, and the net effect was worth the time invested in the game. I won't spoil anything for those that haven't played it yet, but all I can say is I can't wait for the sequel.

I actually think my favorite part is the combat system. There are some pretty nice combo and counter moves that reward you with some gnarley kill animations when you pull them off properly. Taking on 15 to 20 enemies all at once might sound crazy, but in AC it's the norm plus kicking all of their asses and then blending into a crowd of scholars to escape another wave of enemies can't be topped.

To sum it up, you get a vast environment filled with an open world and four well thought out cities complete with bazaars, mosques, skyskraping towers, fortresses, you name it plus you can climb to any point in the game and then jump off of a ledge, land in a barrel of hay, and then continue to walk about like nothing just happened. The graphics are tight and the 3rd person perspective on the action allows you to take in the appropriate context for all the gameplay has to offer.

A definite must for anyone that enjoyed Prince of Persia, Crackdown, and yes, Sneak King. You can even say fans of Splinter Cell and Metal Gear will find the stealth element to their taste here as well. Also the story will appeal to anyone who loves a good conspiracy theory...think National Treasure meets The Da Vinci Code with a sci-fi twist.

If I were to criticize any elements, I would of course point out the lack of any online mode. On occasion, the controls can get a bit frustrating...just be careful near water if you are scaling any heights. Also, I kind of thought the pickpocking missions were lame especially the last one which I think the developers made intentionally difficult.

Graphics: 10
Gameplay: 9
Single Player Mode: 9

OVERALL 9.3
YAYONAIZE
YAYONAIZE
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2007-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:35 pm

cool, i like our local reviews. Helps us figure out if we should rent or buy...
GD360
GD360
Admin

Number of posts : 608

http://www.digitalsportsleagues.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:40 pm

just be carefull when comparing a game to sneak King.other then that i thought i was reading a review out of game informer or something. who knew Yayo was so well rounded in the art of verbalization jajaja
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by YAYONAIZE Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:40 pm

I suppose it's the English degree from UCLA I should credit. My parents would be proud that I finally accomplished something due to it.
YAYONAIZE
YAYONAIZE
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:18 am

dang.....i almost ended up going to UCLA but i got a job and the rest is history i tell ya.

By UCLA i mean University Closest Lombard Area which would have been COD (college of Dupage) which is the best Jr. College in the area jajaja
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by YAYONAIZE Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:19 pm

Speaking of UCLA, anyone see them demolish Cal over the weekend? Kevin Love=BEAST!
YAYONAIZE
YAYONAIZE
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:24 pm

nope must have missed it jajaja As GD know knows being in a different part of the US sucks for sports lol he had to suffer thru the 49ers and Raiders the past few weeks Smile Can UCLA go all the way, being in the midwest we hear nothing except highlights on sportscenter?

Memphis is looking good and Derrick Rose is the real deal. Last thursday against Siena they were trailing 2-0 after about 2 minutes and Caliparri took a timeout and sub'd in his whole 2nd team cause the starters weren't looking good. Who in the world takes a time out 2 minutes into the game to sub out ALL hi starters hahahahah THIS GUYS GOOD
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down