Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NBA 2K10

4 posters

Go down

NBA 2K10 Empty NBA 2K10

Post by GD360 Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:47 pm

Some of you may be wondering whats new with 2K10...so was I so I went out to find something to copy and Paste.

Check out the CREWS option... Looks like DSL may be able to put a starting 5 together people!! (yeah, hopefully it works this year)

======================

NBA Today - All the real world matchups, news and stats are automatically streamed right into your game providing dynamic commentary and presentation elements based upon what is happening in the real NBA.

My Player Mode – Create the ultimate NBA player and guide his every career move. Start as an undrafted rookie in the Summer Circuit; work hard enough and you may get an invite to participate in an NBA team’s training camp, or you may end up in the D-League. The road to being an NBA star is a long and hard battle.

Crews - Round up your friends and build the ultimate squad, using either your created players from My Player mode or an actual NBA team, then go online and battle other Crews for bragging rights and progression points as you try to climb your way to the top of the Crew leaderboard rankings.

Living Rosters - The 2K Insider and his team of NBA analysts continue to keep NBA 2K10 fresh with up-to-date team and player information, including roster and lineup moves, trades, injuries and player ratings. Now track all of the changes through the season with interactive menus and analysis.

Seamless Online Experience – Forget the past, with NBA2K10 online play is fully incorporated into every mode of the game. Now you can play the AI, challenge the friend sitting next to you or play your buddy across town anytime, from anywhere in the game.

Signature Play - Signature Play pulls together all of NBA 2K’s player Signature Styles and adds in all-new Signature Tendencies and facial expressions, creating NBA 2K10 teams that play and react like their real life counterparts for an unbelievably realistic NBA experience.

NEW Intuitive Offensive Controls - All-new easy-to-use dribbling and post game controls allow you to pull off ankle breaking Iso-Motion moves and dominate like Kobe from the perimeter to the paint.

Shut Down D - Shut down teams down like never before with innovative defensive controls that allow you to shadow your opponent’s every move, deny position off-ball, and even select how you want to contest shots.
GD360
GD360
Admin

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2007-11-24

http://www.digitalsportsleagues.com

Back to top Go down

NBA 2K10 Empty Re: NBA 2K10

Post by GD360 Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:01 pm

MORE INFO:

End of the Road

I know a lot of you have been asking us for this and NBA 2K10 delivers. For the first time, you can import your personal music and have it played through the PA system on your XBOX 360. I haven’t been able to touch on every new audio feature that we have in store for you. Hopefully, you’re as excited about the new features as we are here at 2K. We’re working hard to break some new ground in sports game audio, but I think we’re just starting to scratch the surface of what’s possible. Enjoy!

- pretty cool
=============

NBA Today
By: Asif Chaudhri | Monday August 17 2009
Hi 2K Sports Fans! I am Asif Chaudhri and I work on all things presentation for NBA 2K10. Let me introduce you to something amazing:

The NBA, the REAL NBA, is in your game and it’s updated every day…

NBA Today is a revolutionary way to experience the NBA 2K game play you love. In the “old days” you’d fire up your basketball game and wind up on a team select screen…try to figure out what matchup you wanted to play and then get going. When it came to commentary, presentation and overlays your game was happening in a vacuum. There was nothing “real” about it. It was a fantasy matchup that had no real-world context and no impact. There was a limited list of subjects the commentators could discuss. They could talk about what was happening in that particular game and they could talk about what happened last season. That was pretty much it.

In NBA 2K10 that’s all changed. NBA Today takes the sport you love, NBA basketball, and the game you love, NBA 2K, and finally puts them in the same “world”. When you start 2K10, your Internet-connected console will reach out and grab all the latest information about what’s happening in the league. After that, you won’t land on the team select screen: instead you’ll go directly to the NBA Today screen which lists the REAL NBA matchups that are actually being played TODAY. Additionally you will see a breakdown of scores from last night’s games, as well as view which players in tonight’s matchups are leading their teams in the various stat categories. Furthermore, while the game is loading you’ll get a quick update on how both teams did in their last games and the stats their key players put up. From the NBA Today Menu, you can access box scores for ALL NBA games that have already been played, division and conference standings, league leader stats, the latest transactions, follow any trades that are happening around the league, and check out an All-Star voting watch menu.

Pretty cool, huh? But that’s just the start. Now that your game and your league are in sync, the door is thrown open for dynamic commentary and presentation that’s based on what’s really happening in the real NBA (have I said “real” enough times?) Throughout the season, there is no doubt you will be impressed by the intelligent commentating that not only keeps you informed on the ACTUAL latest league happenings but also keeps track of your team info as well. Examples include knowing that you just got home from a 3-game road trip where you won one and lost two, knowing the opposing team’s starting center is out with an injury, knowing your point guard put up 22 points in the road win against the Grizzlies Tuesday night and that he’s averaging 17 ppg this season, knowing this is the first of a four game series between the two teams … get it? The commentators now have the knowledge of what’s happening league-wide and will reference the most up-to-date information possible in their conversations. But it’s not just all talk, a lot of the topics, the commentary team will talk about, have overlays that coincide with their analysis. During the season, they’ll catch you up on who’s leading the league and how teams are ranked in various stat categories, check out a team’s upcoming schedule and even do a promo spot for an upcoming game. If it’s a holiday, as you may have seen in previous screens, that isn’t going to be ignored; the game will present the holiday in overlays and commentary. As the playoffs are approaching you’ll get the east/west conference standings and once the post season starts, you’ll get playoffs and finals screen wipes. The commentary and presentation will constantly be changing throughout the season to coincide with the real league and transition from pre-season to regular season and finally to the postseason.

For the few days during the season where there are no NBA games taking place (or anytime you feel like playing your team) you can simply use Quick Game to create your own fantasy matchup. All the NBA Today commentary/presentation will still be valid looking back and forward in time. And yes, all the NBA Today commentary/presentation will also occur in your Association (but it will be your Association data that drives the commentary, not the real NBA). A quick note: Often during an NBA game, commentators let the visual demonstration of the game lead itself if they are having a conversation. That changes, however, if there is a huge highlight play. If a thunderous dunk rains down, you’ll get the commentators attention. The same can be said during our game.

We’re really excited to see what you guys think about this new feature. Drop me a line in the comments and tell me what you think!

Asif Chaudhri
Presentation Producer

from: http://community.2ksports.com/community/insights/index.cfm?aid=952788&l=11

============

Audio
By: 2K Joel | Thursday September 03 2009
Hey Fans,

For NBA 2K10, my fellow audio team and I decided that our audio presentation needed to be a major point of emphasis. We really wanted to take the broadcast feel of the audio integration to the next level.

To that end, we overhauled our commentary and crowd, which we believe makes NBA 2K10 one of the most realistic audio experiences in sports games. New dialogue for the NBA Today feature reflects the dynamics of the real-NBA season, providing a level of context never experienced before.

Commentary

While we always added to the commentary on a yearly basis, we needed a way to bring out more of the talent’s personality while delivering natural dialogue. It was time for a reboot.

One of the main complaints about previous versions of NBA2K was that Kevin and Clark didn’t have a connection and didn’t sound like they were in the booth together. The problem was simple—they weren’t. This year, we were able to get them in the booth at the same time, livening up the performances and providing a more natural cadence that comes through on broadcast.

To help with the side-by-side feel, we brought over a new conversational system from MLB 2K that is peppered throughout the game: Return to Topic. For example, Clark Kellogg might mention a team getting outhustled on the boards, and after a few play-by-play calls, Kevin and Clark will return to the topic, expanding upon the rebounding conversation. One of the Return to Topic segments weaved into the action is called game trend analysis: discussions of statistical trends throughout the game and making quarter-to-quarter comparisons. After an in-game conversation or breakdown, Kevin will also follow up with a play call that catches you up on the action: “So now it’s Orlando on offense, following the 3 pointer by Kobe. . .”

Next, we needed to make the season come alive with our new NBA Today feature, calling out the details that help put the particular game in context of the season. NBA Today is discussed in a previous Insight. You’ll hear a totally new approach to the introduction sequence, breaks in the action, and our in-game play-by-play and color analysis flow.

Our broadcast introduction has been completely overhauled, bringing a fresh vibe to the game, while debuting many of our new NBA Today elements. Kevin Harlan will set the stage, pointing out streaking or lagging teams and players, injuries, and trades, while Clark Kellogg provides the analysis of the teams and explains why they’re playing well or why they’re struggling.

During breaks in the action, Kevin and Clark will go Around the League and provide scoring updates from the NBA, discuss leaders for all the major stats, update you on conference standings, including playoff seeding and game implications, and deliver single game promotions of upcoming NBA games, including the All-Star game.

During the action, the play-by-play commentary is interspersed with real-life facts that touch on how the players and teams are doing during the season and how they played in their last outing. You’ll hear Kevin and Clark discuss a team’s previous win or loss, and what the determining factors were in that game. We also recap the last matchup between the two teams, for example mentioning Detroit won by 3 points last time they played the Knicks earlier in the year. When two teams meet up for the first time in the season, Kevin and Clark break down last year’s season series, and will also recap the outcome of a playoff encounter between the two teams. Other bits of information are included recognizing a player’s recent performance such as Lebron James coming off a 38 point game against Denver, or the fact that Dwight Howard had an off-night in Orlando’s loss to the Celtics in the previous game.

We’ve also included a “Keys to the Game” segment, which is built into our NBA Today feature. Clark Kellogg will discuss a team or player’s trends going into the game and point out streaks and slumps that are occurring in the real life NBA season or in your Association. Clark has a large amount of new dialogue this year, and is much more involved throughout the broadcast. I think you guys will like Clark’s input much more this year.

In all, we’ve added over twenty-thousand new lines of dialogue this year in support of our new commentary systems. Kevin and Clark were fantastic as always, providing valuable insight and helping to bring these new systems to life. The dialogue in NBA 2K10 is a major step toward delivering natural broadcast commentary.

Crowd and Arena

This year we wanted to provide a more dynamic and varied approach to the crowd systems. We wanted big moments to stand out more from the lower energy points in a game. We rewrote the logic and the crowd behaves much more realistically, thanks to this peaks and valleys concept.

You can also expect to hear more detailed crowd behavior that appropriately follows the action. Whether it’s thundering applause as the coach for the away team calls a timeout to stop a run, or deafening silence when Kobe nails a dagger into the hopes of the Orlando fans as he drains a three. Of course, if you’re playing especially poorly, the crowd will let you hear that as well. Anticipation is a big part of the crowd experience. If you’re lining up a three-point shot with Hedo Turkoglu, you can hear the electricity in the arena build up, and then explode into cheers if he knocks it down.

Every year we try to deepen the arena specific experience. For 2K10, we’ve expanded on our arena specific crowd chants and PA music selections so that every arena has a sound of its own, including stadium specifc organ sounds for common themes like the defense chants at Staples Center. Each arena has unique PA dialogue too which makes you feel like you’re there. For example, at the Palace of Auburn Hills you’ll hear the familiar call and response between the PA announcer and the crowd: “DEE-troit BASKETBALL!”. You’ll also hear the response “Mellow! Mellow!” after Carmello Anthony scores, and when the PA announcer calls out “Jose Calderon for 3!”, the crowd chimes in with “Unos!, Dos!, Tres!”- adding a touch of realism of being amidst the Raptors fans in Toronto.

We’ve also added intelligent crowd chatter with individual voices commenting on the action and the flow of the game. They’ll yell about players being open, what they thought about a shot or play, or just generally whoop it up.

Soundtrack

2K Sports holds to the long-standing reputation of bringing an eclectic mix of breaking and established artists to its gaming audience with NBA 2K10’s soundtrack. No doubt that this is the biggest soundtrack to ever grace a 2K Sports game- both in terms of the number of tracks, and the star power of the artists represented. The full list is below (* denotes tracks that are available to download for free here):

Ace Hood - Top of the World
Adam Tensta - My Cool
Akala - The Edge
Al Kapone - Rock This
Chali2na - Lock it Down (Instrumental)
Chali2na – International (feat. Beenie Man)
Donnie Bravo - Run Away *
Duo Live - Shootin
Flo Rida - ROOTS
Iglu & Hartly - In this City
Illinois - Hang On
Izza Kizza - They’re Everywhere *
K’naan - Wavin’ the Flag
Kanye West - Amazing
Kenan Bell - Like This
Matisyahu - One Day
Metric - Help I’m Alive
Metronomy - Radio Ladio
MGMT - Electric Feel
Mike Snow - Black & Blue
Naïve New Breeders - Can’t Choose
Ratatat - Falcon Jab
Ratatat - Mirando
Saul Williams - List of Demands (Reparations)
Sportrushaz - Iron
The Game - Champion (Exclusive and original track)
The Moog - Joyclad Armies
Vincent Van Go Go - Do You Know

As you can clearly see from the above, the soundtrack offers more hits than ever before with some of the hip-hop highlights include “Amazing” by Kanye West, “R.O.O.T.S.” from Flo Rida, “One Day” by Matisyahu, and “Top of the World” by Ace Hood just to name a few. And we’ve also included a huge selection in the indie & rock categories, as Ratatat, MGMT, and Iglu and Hartly are also some of the emerging acts represented on the soundtrack. And of course, we’d be remiss if we didn’t mention our original track by The Game. The Game, who by the way was #1 on PS3 NBA 2K9 leaderboards last time I checked and a winner of Team 2K, created an awesome track called “Champion” for 2K10. He is pretty pumped to be on the soundtrack as he stated recently, “I've been a beast at NBA 2K for years, I was #1 on the PS3 leaderboards, and challenge anybody online to go up against me," said The Game. "When 2K Sports hit me to drop a new track for NBA 2K10, I knew I had to do it."

End of the Road

I know a lot of you have been asking us for this and NBA 2K10 delivers. For the first time, you can import your personal music and have it played through the PA system on your XBOX 360. I haven’t been able to touch on every new audio feature that we have in store for you. Hopefully, you’re as excited about the new features as we are here at 2K. We’re working hard to break some new ground in sports game audio, but I think we’re just starting to scratch the surface of what’s possible. Enjoy!

Thanks,

- Joel Simmons
Audio Lead

From: http://community.2ksports.com/community/insights/index.cfm?aid=977919&l=11
GD360
GD360
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aRod914 Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:35 am

"Seamless Online Experience"....ill believe it when i see it
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:13 am

yeah, that 5 on 5 better work on day 1....i don't think it ever handled 5 on 5 all year last year...
GD360
GD360
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:53 pm

blah blah blah same story every year Smile what would 2K be without Danza ripping it. Hope it works out for you guys but i have been fooled 3 straight years into buying this game.
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2007-11-27

http://www.myspace.com/jt2482

Back to top Go down

Post by aRod914 Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:22 pm

wtf happened to 2k10?...i played the demo and it felt terrible. How do you post up? Please don't tell me its auto post like Live...the crowd seemed dead. You can still do that strip from behind animation..argg

Im def waiting to see which games comes out on top...i will not buy either on release day
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by arrogant donkey Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:59 pm

aRod914 wrote:wtf happened to 2k10?...i played the demo and it felt terrible. How do you post up? Please don't tell me its auto post like Live...the crowd seemed dead. You can still do that strip from behind animation..argg

Im def waiting to see which games comes out on top...i will not buy either on release day

The strip from behind animation is less effective and does not work for layup stealing like it did last year also the arena sounds are down because they put no effort into the demo the game will be better and yes post up is auto they reworked the whole post up system it seems more realistic this year
arrogant donkey
arrogant donkey
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2007-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:02 am

TDANZA420 wrote:blah blah blah same story every year Smile what would 2K be without Danza ripping it. Hope it works out for you guys but i have been fooled 3 straight years into buying this game.

LOL, and in many of the years I quoted you saying, "This game is Good!!"

hahahah
GD360
GD360
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:25 pm

lets hear some feedback on this game. I may start a 2k9 lg if anyone wants in jajaja
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2007-11-27

http://www.myspace.com/jt2482

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down