Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NBA 2k8 Patch

+4
maniacjay23
YAYONAIZE
aRod914
Hudacris M3
8 posters

Go down

NBA 2k8 Patch Empty NBA 2k8 Patch

Post by Hudacris M3 Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:26 am

Should be out sometime this week

From SimBaller (NBA 2k8 Assistant Producer) posted on OS.

Howdy folks. I know most of you guys are antsy for the patch, so I thought I'd provide you with a quick overview of what is going on and what changes you can expect in the patch. MS is going to release this information on their site once the patch gets released, but here is an overview.

The NTSC PS3 patch will be hitting first (should be this week actually). This will be followed shortly thereafter by the PAL/NTSC patches for the 360. Finally, the PAL PS3 patch will come after that. I don't have hard dates for you guys, this stuff all changes on a whim.

Gameplay:

OTFC (On The Fly Coaching) Duping – There was an issue in the game where multiple players could be set to guard a single player simultaneously. We have isolated the cause of this and rectified the problem.

DPC and Offball (Online) – We inadvertently shipped the game with the DPC and Offball Control features disabled for online games. These features functioned properly in the offline version of the game. For this patch, they have been enabled for use in online.

Online Free Throw Issue – There was an online issue where the first free throw would essentially drop out of the sky (due to framerate issues) and the user would always miss it. This issue has been addressed.

Layup Strips – We have tuned layup strips to happen at a more frequent rate. They weren’t firing off as much as we wanted.

Layup % - Based on consumer feedback, users should notice an increase in the percentage of layup / close to the basket shots made. We felt that solid players were missing too many “gimmies”.

Layup Holes – There were some layup holes which would cause players to shoot jumpshots into the bottom of the rim right underneath the basket. These holes have been identified and fixed.

Layup Removal – The 360 circus layup was removed from the game. Consumers felt strongly that this layup didn’t fit the scope of our gameplay.

Mirrored Plays – We now mirror plays in appropriate situations to minimize crossing. This removes a lot of clutter that was occurring during the setup of plays.

Up-and-Under – The up-and-under mechanic shipped with the game did not work as intended. It should now be functioning properly.

Fadeaway Shot Fix – We identified and fixed the issue where players would shoot unwanted fadeaways after catching the ball on occasion.

Hop Step Cheese – The Hop Step was identified as a huge “cheese” exploit by our online consumers. Players will now lose the ball on occasion if they attempt to exploit this move.

Pump Fake Breakout – We now allow the ballhandler to exit the pump fake animation early to improve their ability to drive around the faked out defender.

Lock-On D – Changes to the mechanic were made in an effort to fix odd defender movements. Big men should be less effective as well when using this feature.

Defensive Player Reaction – Player reactions on defense have been minimized in an effort to mimic more realistic behaviors.

Spinout/UB Dunk Exploits – Fixes were implemented for the Post Spinout and UB (Under Basket) Dunking exploits that were identified by our consumers.

3 In The Key – Our ‘3 In The Key’ violation timer has been adjusted to be a little less forgiving. Keep your guys moving!

Queued Passes – There was a bug where queued passes would fail when certain isomotion moves were executed. The animations in question have been addressed such that the passes work properly.

Double Team Exploit – Changes were implemented to prevent users from exploiting double teams. They should no longer be the strategy of choice for online players.

General:

Shoe Editing Issue – Shoe colors should no longer change when a player is edited. The patch will not revert any previously changed shoe colors, it will only prevent it from happening again in the future.

Intentional Fouls – There was an issue in the game where when you complete a game in NBA Blacktop mode, the feature would autosave and essentially autosave the street settings. When you attempted to play in a quick game, Intentional Fouls would not be called even though the violation was being committed. We have identified and corrected the issue.

Standing Dunk – Users were unable to edit/change the Standing Dunk attribute. It was viewable in the roster menus, but unable to be changed via Edit Player. This attribute has been added to the list of editable attributes.

Lobby Pings – There was an issue where if a lot of people are in a lobby, lobby pings would be reported inaccurately. This issue has been addressed.

Replay Cursor Toggle – The replay cursor can now be toggled on/off in replay by pressing the LB+RB (360) triggers simultaneously. This is just a little bonus for you guys creating videos via replay mode.

Other - There are numerous other minor changes as well that you should notice by playing through the game (Playoff Wipes during playoff games is one that comes to mind). As you play through the game, you will surely notice them.

Enjoy, the game plays a lot nicer!
Hudacris M3
Hudacris M3
The Patch Informer

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Back to top Go down

NBA 2k8 Patch Empty Re: NBA 2k8 Patch

Post by aRod914 Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:55 pm

this is great news....it seems like they put alot of work into the patch, hopefully they fix the servers so we can enjoy the new changes.
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by YAYONAIZE Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:21 am

I can't wait any longer for my Xbox to come back to me. I wish it would make like Lassie and COME HOME!

BTW, BYNUM > CURRY + RANDOLPH
YAYONAIZE
YAYONAIZE
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2007-11-28

Back to top Go down

NBA 2k8 Patch Empty patch

Post by maniacjay23 Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:25 am

AWESOME coool i cant wait i hve trouble with double teaams still and the people who just play passsi ng lanes nd just drive dish for 3s alll day but coool hope its this weeek
maniacjay23
maniacjay23
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:58 am

this update is long overdue. With this many additions, they should re-name it NBA 2K9... If this stuff is all definitely fixed, this game will be 10X better! The off ball controls is long overdue. Why add that to the offline game and hold it back online? 2K is good but you can tell they forced the game to come out the same day as NBA Live. Thank God for the Free throw fix...that definitely can change the way the game is played. If anyone finds out this is fixed, let us know.

Also let us know if you see a difference in gameplay!!

Thanks,
G
GD360
GD360
Admin

Number of posts : 608

http://www.digitalsportsleagues.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:55 am

Layup Holes – There were some layup holes which would cause players to shoot jumpshots into the bottom of the rim right underneath the basket. These holes have been identified and fixed.

This is the one that erkd me the most.......Durant should be avr 40PPG but this error prevented it jajaja
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2007-11-27

http://www.myspace.com/jt2482

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:02 pm

After this patch comes out... I will start anew and forget all the little problems this game initially had. The problem is, if these so called fixes are not fixed... I WILL BE VERY PISSED!! (and I really don't get mad that easy, jajaja)

From the sounds of these fixes, the game can really be what it is supposed to be, a great Basketball Sim game... Let's keep our fingers crossed..
GD360
GD360
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aRod914 Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:12 pm

update....finally got a league game in with Emelki (but you can call him Alex), and it actaully went through....too bad I lost, Ginobli does not miss in that game!!
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:28 pm

yeah buddy, i got a message from him lastnight about 2K but had family over and we was rockin out to some RockBand........perhaps i will jump back on and try to get a game in. Durant has something to prove
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:02 pm

2K8 Patch = 2K9?
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by canopr360 Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:46 pm

dammm is bout time they fix this errors, but the are 2 questions r they gonna fix the NETWORK ERROR THING and send are we gonna playa new style aftyer i get used to this type of game???? Evil or Very Mad
canopr360
canopr360
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 111

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:33 pm

cano....love the smiles hook a brother up
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Hudacris M3 Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:11 pm

Ya'll have some nasty ass smileys afro
Hudacris M3
Hudacris M3
The Patch Informer

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:30 pm

Hudacris M3 wrote:Ya'll have some nasty ass smileys afro

some say nasty others say exotic jajaja i would be one that says nasty but cracks me up.........We should all get the shirts that say "I survived 2 girls 1 cup" jajaja
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by YAYONAIZE Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:59 pm

"....and all I got was this shirt."
YAYONAIZE
YAYONAIZE
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2007-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:36 pm

and a sudden urge for some soft serve from Baskin Robbins
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Hudacris M3 Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:04 am

NBA PATCH IS OUT PIMPS AND PLAYAS!!!
Hudacris M3
Hudacris M3
The Patch Informer

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:07 am

Ohh yes! It's about time... Give us feedback whoever gets to play this!!

G
GD360
GD360
Admin

Back to top Go down

NBA 2k8 Patch Empty MY FEEDBACK ON NEW PATCH

Post by GD360 Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:48 am

I was able to play 2 games last night. One with a random lobby dude and Emelki (you can call him Alex).

My impressions of the patch.... This game feels new again!..

- no more stoopid automatic brick free throw on the first attempt. This will dramatically change the games since noone can just foul in the last 3 minutes and catch up since most players threw up bricks.

- the OFF THE BALL Feature works nicely! You can tell a dude to get open, then he actually fights around screens and tries to get open. Also you can tell which guy you want to post up/set a pick. Great features that only worked offline actually work now. This is a great element since you can switch between these individual assignments and actual plays to really mess with the guy. I still need to get used to it, but it's great!

- no more automatic steals off double teams...Thank GOD! This ruined the game before so without it, it's all good. You actually have a good amount of time to pass out of it.

- I actually saw a new animation: JRich went strong to the hoop and was fouled really HARD. He fell hard on the floor. He proceeded to get up and gave the opponent a one hand push while mouthing off a little bit. Nice!!

- No more stoopid under the basket jump-shots that hit under the rim. It looks like they filled them up with dunks or nicer lay-ins if your guy would not go for a dunk in that situation. Some of those dunks looked new so I can tell they put these in rather than a jumper under the rim.

- When a person is attacking the basket, you can actually swipe at the ball rather than jumping for a block. Some steals occur this way if the guy is not well versed in attacking the rim like that or has bad handles.

- For some reason I was hitting with the Bulls... I think they may have adjusted their timing or maybe it was just minor lag in the past that is no longer there.

Overall the game has changed for the better. The random guy I played still would be able to cheese (half court passes then dunk) but if this patch is played with Sim Players, it will work for the better.

Anyone want to play later at about 5:00pm CST, let me know. This patch hopefully saves the franchise. Hope they have updated rosters to go along with it...
GD360
GD360
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by canopr360 Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:10 am

Good.... But I Have to wait to play it ......
canopr360
canopr360
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by canopr360 Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:17 am

I wish I could play man..........
canopr360
canopr360
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

NBA 2k8 Patch Empty need help

Post by shazha Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:04 am

Hey guys, I have an overseas PS3 which plays my PAL NBA2k8.

I have no idea how to download the patch. Can someone give me step by step instructions please!!!!!!

My game wont auto download it. When I go to the online desk/downloads through the game there are only roster updates.

I still cant edit standing dunk!!!

shazha
Water Boy
Water Boy

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:51 am

Shaza, sorry man... Almost all of us play on the 360. Not sure how that would work.
GD360
GD360
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:24 am

I think its a 2K thing, on the 360 there were only 2 or 3 patches all year. The next patch will be called 2K9 hahaha
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down