Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DSL DRAFT LEAGUE FAQs

+2
aRod914
GD360
6 posters

Go down

DSL DRAFT LEAGUE FAQs Empty DSL DRAFT LEAGUE FAQs

Post by GD360 Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:21 pm

Hey guys, just thought I’d get some last minute stuff out here regarding the Draft for newbs and vets alike. To all the Vets or anyone experienced with Drafting, please chime in with any info you may feel will help our fellow newbs. To all the Newbs to drafting, please ask any questions you have regarding the draft here.

===================================

I can’t make the draft so when can I prerank my players?
• You can prerank your draft order once everyone has signed up for the league on your Xbox. So everyone please get in by the Deadline: Jan 9th Wednesday 7:00pm CST or we may look for a replacement. Timing is crucial since we want the draft to go off this Friday. The earlier we get everyone in, the earlier we see our draft # and can make a draft strategy . Some people may want to trade up in draft pick so please get in ASAP so the GMs can wheel and deal. It is crucial you get in ASAP if you haven’t already.

Is the draft order random?
• The draft should be RANDOMIZED. Last year it was dumb and had the teams placed in Alphabetical order. From what I hear, it is random now.

How long do I have to make a pick?
• You will have 1 minute to make your pick. Please have the courtesy and make your selections as fast as possible for the first round. You should know who you want more or less in the early rounds. If not we can be sitting here for hours.

Any tips to help me in the draft?
• Prerank your players even if you will be at the draft. This way you can have a quick access to see if the players you like are available. If you no longer see the player you wanted on this list, that means he’s gone! (duh)
• Have a draft strategy, by doing so it will save you time on draft day. Have a lot of backup players on file, most likely the guy you want, won’t be there.
GD360
GD360
Admin

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2007-11-24

http://www.digitalsportsleagues.com

Back to top Go down

DSL DRAFT LEAGUE FAQs Empty Re: DSL DRAFT LEAGUE FAQs

Post by aRod914 Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:26 pm

i hoep everyone makes it to the draft and has a gameplan...there is nothing worse than waiting a WHOLE minute for someone to pick!
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by YAYONAIZE Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:00 pm

This draft could potentially go on for four hours if everyone takes that full minute per pick. If you can't attend, please prerank otherwise everyone else will have to wait the full minute everytime your team is up plus the cpu is going to grab the likes of Manute Bol in the first round for you. What goes around comes around so don't test the 2K8 gods; they will punish those that sin.

manute

Speaking of Manute, in bizzaro world, I imagine that he would be some mysonginistic rapper in a group called 2 Tall Crew and he would rap about girls getting up on their toes to lick the "Bol," or bowl if you will; because lets face it, what's he going to get out of them down on their knees like 2 Live Crew would rap about? His shoes tied? He would release a clip on the internet called 2girls1bol and Danza would tell all of us about it. I could go on and on. I really could.
YAYONAIZE
YAYONAIZE
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2007-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:11 pm

hahaha this coming from the guy that has ratemypoo.com as an home page......i love it. 2girls1bol....... that is to good.....can we somehow add precises Mint Black Chocolate Muscle to the mix Very Happy

and yes don't cross the 2K8 gods.........they as evil as the grinch

BTW - love how you threw in a "if you will" this guy is catching on

Last edited by on Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2007-11-27

http://www.myspace.com/jt2482

Back to top Go down

Post by Hudacris M3 Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:14 pm

Cookies n Creme Muscle Milk is sooo much better
Hudacris M3
Hudacris M3
The Patch Informer

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Pappi Joe Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:33 pm

Preranking your players even if you will be at the draft will save you when that minute elapses and you are sill thinking who you want.. Yes, I've been there!

I always have a piece of paper and a pen on hand so that I can see my team my team without having to navigate trouh the screens... it sounds stupid but it helps!

Can wait for the draft! I have a good feeling about this one.
Pappi Joe
Pappi Joe
NBA 2K8 Champ

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2007-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:32 am

Hudacris M3 wrote:Cookies n Creme Muscle Milk is sooo much better

sounds like a energy bar
TDANZA420
TDANZA420