Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NHL 09

+2
TDANZA420
higheranarchy
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

NHL 09 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 09

Post by TDANZA420 Thu May 28, 2009 8:31 am

May 27th and the Hawks played thier last game of the season......what a year it has been for Chicago Hockey. This might signal the switch from NBA to NHL. That save by Christobal Huet with 20sec to go was classic, but Detroit is just to friggin good. Hoping the Pens can upset them and shut them up but the more i watch those guys play the better they seem.
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2007-11-27

http://www.myspace.com/jt2482

Back to top Go down

Post by STEELCITY637 Thu May 28, 2009 4:28 pm

Detroit is the favorite but the more I study the matchup the more I think Pittsburgh has a serious shot to win the cup this year. Without going into too much detail.
1. The system: Last year the Pens were a defensive minded team that sat back and let Detroit pick them apart. This year they have an attacking system that puts ton of pressure on the D and has there D moving forward instead of backing all the way up to our own net.

2. Malkin and Crosby: These two are playing at an unbelievable level. Hell I dont even know if Malkin made the trip to the cup finals. This year he is playing better than anyone in the league except for maybe his teammate Crosby. These two have taken there game to a level only Ovechkin has a chance to reach.

3. Schedule and injuries: Detroit is banged up and are going to have to deal with the Pens up-tempo game 2 nights in a row. If we can split in Detroit we got a shot.

I know the Hawks were high scores this year but watching other playoff series ive not seen one team play at as high tempo as the Pens do when they are on there game.

GO PENS

STEELCITY637
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Thu May 28, 2009 7:14 pm

I hate the Wings so i hope the PENS can get it done man, I recall a few months back when the Pens were like the 11th seed in the conference and then they caught fire and never looked back. Detroit does have some injuries and are an older team but damn they looked faster and bigger then just about every Hawk but most of them are under 25 lol. Alexander the Great Ovechkin is a BEAST!!!!! PENS FTW?
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 1473

http://www.myspace.com/jt2482

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down