Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Year for NBA Games c/o Operation Sports

4 posters

Go down

Big Year for NBA Games c/o Operation Sports Empty Big Year for NBA Games c/o Operation Sports

Post by GD360 Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:58 pm

Big Year for NBA Games

Submitted on: 09/09/2008 by Matthew DiStaulo
This is a big year for all NBA video games. It's a big year because I get the feeling the the market is ready to forgive and forget -- giving everyone a clean slate. Just like the Celtics quick resurgence to the top, NBA Live could do the same this year if the Live developers are able to actually make all the improvements to the game that they are boasting about.

Touting a new feature called Dynamic DNA, which claims to synchronize hot and cold trends and update rosters so that they are in sync with the real-life NBA, the Live crew is planning to give fans something that they have wanted for years: the most realistic depiction of the real-life thing. Aside from that the developers are also are looking to get back to their roots by accurately re-creating the pick and rolls and the one-on-one matchups inside the game.

NBA 2K9 is the returning king of NBA games and is the heavy favorite this year.
Regardless of whether this all comes together, EA will still need to do everything in its power to recreate NBA Live’s image. The reason for that being a combination of releasing poor products on the next-generation consoles and 2K Sports releasing highly acclaimed ones at the same time.

Something working in 2K Sports' favor this year is that the company is not releasing a college basketball game, deciding to focus all of its resources on the NBA counterpart instead. The company is also releasing a DNA system of its own but instead of relating it to real-world statistics, the focus is on trends inside the Association Mode.

NBA Live 09 is looking to return to past glory, but some feel those are days long gone.
The competition only heats up more when including NBA 09: The Inside, published by Sony and claiming to cater more to the hardcore fans while adding more glamor to this year's version. This game would not be as big a deal if not for the success of the Sony MLB series, which continues to surprise everyone in the baseball market. Sony also has an NBA version of "Road to the Show" in the NBA 09, called "The Life." If it's anywhere near as good, it means good things for PS3 owners.

There are many loyalists to the NBA 2K series, but then again there used to be many loyal followers of NBA Live in the '90s, so anything can happen. All powers must fall eventually after all. What needs to happen this year, and why it’s such an important one, is that the gap needs to be bridged between the recent champ (NBA 2K) and the other guys.

NBA 2K8 was a great game but the gameplay, although very well refined, has not had much beefiness added to it as of late, and the same goes for the presentation and the Association Mode. Most would argue, though, that it really doesn't need to rock the boat. 2K Sports created a solid formula for success and the developers have not messed around with it too much, and who can blame them? There is no need to try and outdo their own game by all that much when the competition cannot get out of its own way.

SCEA's NBA 09 The Inside is looking to grab a slice of the market this year with some improved features.

Still, I believe that this season is not as much about how good NBA 2K9 will be, which will surely be another solid release, but what EA and Sony are able to produce. It is important for them to put out good products because people are always yearning to have choices, which will only means better competition and better games. It is not all about graphics either, because NBA 2K8 wasn’t necessarily the most graphically impressive game on the market, but it had smooth animations, great gameplay, and the engine it was built on led to realistic smooth basketball.

If anything, this is solely a year for the two underdogs to rip the guts out of the previous versions and create a solid foundation for their games going forward. If NBA Live 09 and NBA '09: The Inside are able to land a couple right hooks and put themselves back in the fight it can only mean good things for the future.
GD360
GD360
Admin

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2007-11-24

http://www.digitalsportsleagues.com

Back to top Go down

Big Year for NBA Games c/o Operation Sports Empty Re: Big Year for NBA Games c/o Operation Sports

Post by TDANZA420 Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:23 pm

to steal something from Steel - "To much to read, can you sum it up" jajaja
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2007-11-27

http://www.myspace.com/jt2482

Back to top Go down

Big Year for NBA Games c/o Operation Sports Empty Re: Big Year for NBA Games c/o Operation Sports

Post by aRod914 Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:05 pm

GD360 wrote:Something working in 2K Sports' favor this year is that the company is not releasing a college basketball game, deciding to focus all of its resources on the NBA counterpart instead.

niice....the limited staff of 2k is focusing entirely on 2k9. I just hope that damn lead pass is gone forever!
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:55 pm

So if 2K were to be the same game it was last yr would you agree that it is a dissapointment seeing as they are dedicating whatever resources they have to it?
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by aRod914 Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:31 pm

daym right....2k9 has high expectations which only means i will be dissappointed.
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:42 am

precise1987 wrote:daym right....2k9 has high expectations which only means i will be dissappointed.

hahaha atleast your honest......stick to madden and be happy while you play your 360 Smile
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by emelki1968 Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:15 pm

The things that I read in the ESPN preview made feel confident about this year:
NBA.com
Association 2.0
5 vs 5 online. I can't wait to be in the same team with TDanza with the Thunders and see how he shoot 45 times with Durant. Razz
Play-book
How you can change your shoot with the right stick
Rudy "El loco" Fernandez with the Blazers (I still remember when a talked with GD360 about this player two years ago)
The battle between the Gasol brothers. Sweeeettttt bounce

I can't wait for this game

emelki1968
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:16 am

emelki1968 wrote:
5 vs 5 online. I can't wait to be in the same team with TDanza with the Thunders and see how he shoot 45 times with Durant. Razz

If i get the game then for sure you will see the Durant and Green show a.k.a Danza and Emilki going one on one with the fake one jajaja

Add Delonte West to the thunder and were gold!
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:07 pm

EMELKI!! I miss you man! I am also looking to being teammates with the boyz on DSL!!

Having Steel, or Cise or Pappi or Huda or Emelki, or Toran, Ralph, or Maniac or Woo or TDizzle on one team, come on... We may have to create a DSL All Star Team!!

Even if we all meet up one night for a good 5 on 5 brawl!!

As long as the servers work, this one will be better than last year hehehe
GD360
GD360
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aRod914 Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:51 pm

sounds like a great idea...i just really can't expect 10 ppl to stay connected with the 2k servers history....hopefully im wrong
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:17 am

tru......servers need a huge upgrade. But that idea does sound golden......I could anchor down the middle with MBenga and NDong jajaja
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:17 am

I did see in an interview them saying they had different/better servers...but isn't that something they say every year? We will just have to wait and see for ourselves.
GD360
GD360
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:10 am

how can 2K not be able to host 2 players but yet games like Halo or COD can host crazy numbers with huge maps..........is there something i'm missing?
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by emelki1968 Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:35 am

GD360 wrote:EMELKI!! I miss you man! I am also looking to being teammates with the boyz on DSL!!

Having Steel, or Cise or Pappi or Huda or Emelki, or Toran, Ralph, or Maniac or Woo or TDizzle on one team, come on... We may have to create a DSL All Star Team!!

I miss you too Sad I agree that the servers will be the key for this game to have a huge success. I read a lot of things and watch some videos and even though is not perfect, it looks REALLY GOOD cyclops I am very excited!!

emelki1968
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:41 pm

emelki1968 wrote:
GD360 wrote:EMELKI!! I miss you man! I am also looking to being teammates with the boyz on DSL!!

I miss you too Sad I agree that the servers will be the key for this game to have a huge success. I read a lot of things and watch some videos and even though is not perfect, it looks REALLY GOOD cyclops I am very excited!!

Emelki okafur FTW
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down