Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE MEN OF STEEL

3 posters

Go down

THE MEN OF STEEL Empty THE MEN OF STEEL

Post by STEELCITY637 Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:41 pm

Jump on the bandwagon this team is going to the Superbowl. The Steelers success comes down to one thing and that is the offensive line. If they play good this team is the best in the league. It gets Willie going and Big Ben will tear up a defense if he has time.

Here is how I see the matchups (Please share yours)

Quarterback- Steelers: Big Ben has been there done that and is a comeback king.
Runningback- Ravens: I love Willie but Larod Mclain is a beast and McGahee and Rice no scrubs
Offensive Line- Ravens: If the Steelers play like they did last two games its a push
Wideouts- Push(maybe slight advantage Steelers)- Ward and Holmes vs. Clayton and Mason
TE- Steelers: Heap when healthy is a great pass catcher but has not had a good year and Miller is the complete package.

DL- Steelers: Slight advantage because Nagata is a monster but Hampton, Smith, and Kiesel play both pass and run good.
LB- Steelers: Cant believe im saying a core with Suggs and Lewis are second best but the Steelers got the Defensive MVP in Harrison, Woodley on the opposite side, and a combination of Foote, Farrior and Timons in the middle
Saftey- Push: As a Steeler fan I love Troy but there is no better ball hawk then ED Reed. But Troy is more well-rounded. Clark and Lenord could also be a push as Clark had a career year and so did Lenord.
Corner- Steelers: Steelers got 4 solid corners that can start and when playing in his top form Ike Taylor is among the top 10 in the lg. The Ravens got Rolle you has lost a step and is hurt and if he dont play they got two bums behind him.

All this adds up to STEELERS 20 Ravens 10

STEELCITY637
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

THE MEN OF STEEL Empty Re: THE MEN OF STEEL

Post by TDANZA420 Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:18 am

sorry man but i have been on the Ravens bandwagon for a while now, The D is sick and any O they can put together will help. Either way i see the SuperBowl champ coming out of the AFC....Pit vs. Philly would be nice but i think Baltimore will find a way to win. Ray Lewis is a murderer by the way lol

Come on now man, Ed Reed is the best safety in the league. Ray Lewis will kill a bitch
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 1473

http://www.myspace.com/jt2482

Back to top Go down

Post by aRod914 Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:26 am

yea Steel...Ed Reed > Troy P.

That being said, i think the Ravens run is over and Steelers win by a touchdown.
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by STEELCITY637 Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:53 pm

The national media loves Ed Reed and he gets a ton of hype and well deserved. But going by just this year the better saftey was Troy "Polamalu". Reed got hot at the end of the year. My question is how many times do you see Ed Reed in the box to stop the run? He is the best ball hawk in the league but Troy is not to bad himself as I think he had a bunch of pics and remeber he had one at the end of the SD game that was overturned when it should not of been. Troy is more well rounded.

STEELCITY637
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:14 pm

Tru Troy P does come up more to help with the Run D but you can't knock Reed for that. He plays on perhaps the best D in the league and they have enough faith in thier line and LB's to stop the run. I think they ranked 2nd in rushing yards allowed and 3rd in passing. Maybe Pitt needs more out of Troy when it comes to stopping the Run then Bal needs from Reed.

I don't have a Ravens jersey so i will have to try and squeez into my 1993 Kevin Green Steelers jersey jajaja

If anyone has a Greg Lloyd or Carnell Lake jersey for sale let me know hahaha
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by STEELCITY637 Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:49 pm

Danza I agree with what you are saying about Reed I was just going by this year. I mean the Steelers ranked 1 in overall D 2nd in rush and 1st against the pass.

I got a Hearst jersey from his Arizona days.

STEELCITY637
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:12 am

Dang i was wondering who was better thent he Ravens.......regardless Winner of this game should go on to win the superbowl
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:53 am

mayor Luke R. Ravenstahl has officially changed his name to Luke R. Steelerstahl..........that is to funny.
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by STEELCITY637 Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:24 pm

SUPERBOWL BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And whos Ed Reed

STEELCITY637
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:59 am

STEELCITY637 wrote:SUPERBOWL BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And whos Ed Reed

Ed Reed is the best Safety in the NFL Go CARDS!!!!!!
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by STEELCITY637 Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:47 am

TDANZA420 wrote:
STEELCITY637 wrote:SUPERBOWL BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And whos Ed Reed

Ed Reed is the best Safety in the NFL Go CARDS!!!!!!

Not last night. The only time I seen him on TV was when he was chasing Holmes. Troy showed last night what he does all year which is stop the run and play great pass defense and I do believe he knows how to take a pick to DA HOUSE. On the 4th and 1 he jumped over the center to fight back Flaco and Reed does not do that. Reed is the best "ball hawk" in the league but your going to have a tough time convincing me that there is a better all-around saftey in the lg. than Troy P.

STEELCITY637
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:59 am

was joking bout the go Cards hahaha

yea Troy P is a beast....i think i saw Reed chasing the guy that dropped the TD late in the 2nd lol
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by aRod914 Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:14 am

Cards vs. Eagles was a great game....exciting, back and fourth, high scoring.

Burgh vs. Ravens..defensive oriented, and boring as hell.....congrats to the Steelers though.
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by STEELCITY637 Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:18 am

Precise aka Arod maybe growing up as a Steeler fan has changed my views but I love the great defensive struggle with the crushing hits. I dont think Arizona is going to be ready for the punishment that Steeler D (and the recievers) can deliever.

STEELCITY637
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:38 am

Yea i'm with steel (prob the midwest thing) but i would rather see a hard hitting 10-7 game where a single play can change the game then a shootout with no O. Can't recall the play but i think Miller had caught a pass near the sidelines and another WR layed out one of the DB's on Baltimore. I will remember a hit like that more then i will a Warner TD
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by STEELCITY637 Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:15 pm

That was Sweed who just dropped the TD pass that layed that hit. The crazy thing is that this game might not even had been the hardest hitting game of the year between these two teams. Mendenhall got his arm broke in the first one and there have been numerous injuries after each of the games. That was the main reason I did not want to see these Ravens again just for the fear of injuries. This rivalry is just getting nasty as it has been for years.

If Pittsburgh plays that way vs. the Cards they will be in for a big surprise as they can take physical to a level that they have not seen yet.

STEELCITY637
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by aRod914 Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:43 pm

prediction...Larry Fitzgerald will be carried off a cart during the superbowl
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:42 pm

Boldin is the one who was being a little beyotch after his team clinched a spot in the superbowl........not sure if any of you saw it on the pregame but Fitz was a ball boy for the Vickings growing up. Guy has lived the dream and is one more step closer to fullfilling it.......to bad its against the burg
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by STEELCITY637 Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:08 pm

Well I told you to jump on the bandwagon and now we are full. We now have the 6 pack when it comes to SB rings.

It was one hell of a game and I think I was about to puke several times as I was watching Fitz run down the field for the go-ahead score. The Steelers showed their biggest weakness all season long as their offensive line sucks as they couldnt punch the ball in from inside the 5 on two sepreate occasions where a TD on either one might of turned the game into a blowout.

For anyone who doesnt think Big Ben is an elite qb needs to get checked out. Not only did generate a huge drive to win the game with his scrambling but he has now generated a comeback in half the games he has played. You got to put him the top 3 and maybe 2nd best qb in the lg. There is not another qb I would rather have when trailing in the 4th and remember he did this without any protection for the year.

Harrison might of made the best play in Superbowl history with the run back that caused a 14 or 10 point swing and Holmes is doing what we drafted him to do(be a #1 reciever). I see Danza said something about the calls but if you watch the replays they were holding Harrison on almost every rush. Arizona just made some dumb mistakes. The only call I thought was ticky-tacky was the roughing the passer call. I also didnt like the holding call for a saftey as it looked like Hartwig just got trucked and Dockins fell on him as a completion would of iced the game there.

but all that matters is:

THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS ARE SUPERBOWL CHAMPS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive already bought up all the Steeler gear out there.

STEELCITY637
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:18 pm

no doubt the men of steel are da best man, the refs made bad calls on both sides of the ball so it was a wash. Big ben is good and can deliver in the clutch. the first TD Holmes dropped was cause he was a buckeye lol the second grab was Chis Carter/Rice-esque as bout 90% of my family thought he was out. When it comes to 4th qt combacks this might be the best guy since Elway......who by the way looked like he was older then Art Rooney lol

ARI played better then i thought they would have, plus i was shocked when they said Kurt Warner now has the top 3 passing games yardage wise in superbowl history. Might not like that guy but he is a gamer as well

Bolden as a bear next year woo hoo....................as far as that wagon you speak of, hope its not full cause the wheels may be breaking next year lol.

Rothlessburger and Eli have won 3 of 4 superbowls, not a bad draft for QB's
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by STEELCITY637 Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:26 pm

If the Steelers are fortunate to make it to the big game again they might as well have the game in Pittsburgh because it looked like 75% of that stadium was Steeler fans.

But dont know as the AFC could be stacked again with Brady coming back, the Colts getting their swagger back, Titans might of been the best team.

My early rankings:
AFC
1. Steelers: Had to put them there just for the fact we won a Superbowl but need to fix OL in offseason
2. Pats: Will probably be everyone favorite but I think the D is vulnerable
3. Titans: If Collins comes back this is one complete team but is Collins good enough to win a SB.
4. Colts: Looked good at the end and I expect 10 to 11 wins next year.
5. Chargers/Ravens/Broncos/: All have problems and the Ravens have some major FA issues on D the other two teams have no defense.
The rest of contenders: Bills, Dolphins and possibley the Bungles or Browns due to an easy schedule.

Maybe Danza will chime in on the NFC

STEELCITY637
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by aRod914 Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:25 am

no love for the Jets in the AFC, Steel?...Kellon Clemens is gonna kill it next year!
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:28 am

I have no idea what to expect from the NFC next year, the one thing i know for sure is that Detroit will be bad lol.......

1.Giants - Still have a good core of players, With Osi coming back and perhaps a replacement or teh return of Plex it should spark that O

2.Cardinals - as much as i hate to say it they are perhaps the only team i can say will win their Division. (Sea - STL - SF) Should sweep and depending on schedule could win 10 next year

3.Eagle/Cowboys - Eagles ALWAYS play tough and find ways to win. Cowboys i am not sold on but sooner or later all that talent is gunna lead to some wins. If Romo can get his head into the game he can lead this team. Will McNabb be back???

4.Carolina/ATL - both teams are coming off good seasons and ATL has nothing but up side. Carolina might be peeking out and sooner or later their run will be over.

5.Bears/Vikings - Both teams have major issues at QB and both teams have running backs that can change the game. Like last year this race may come down to the wire. Bears must find that special itch that helped them in the past. ATL - CAR - TB were all games the bears should have won. 12-4 is alot better then 9-7.

i'll pick the G-men out of the NFC
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by STEELCITY637 Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:11 pm

aRod914 wrote:no love for the Jets in the AFC, Steel?...Kellon Clemens is gonna kill it next year!

Im not sure what to make of the Jets part of me likes some of their players especially Washington and thinks they could make a run at a wildcard but as u said Clemens and that D can be a ? for the next season. Im not sure if they will be able to make the same FA moves as they did last year.

STEELCITY637
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down