Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proctecting your PC.....what do you use?

3 posters

Go down

Proctecting your PC.....what do you use? Empty Proctecting your PC.....what do you use?

Post by TDANZA420 Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:57 pm

seems alot of you have been having problems with your PC so wondering what kind of protection we all use.

I used to have Mcafee that came with my Dell laptop and desktop but late it was making my laptop boot up really slow so i deleted it and now use PC-Cillin. Also downloaded a free 30day trail of Tuneup Utilities 2009 from Cnet and that seemed to clean up my PC and keep it running nicely from day 1. Will prob buy the program to.

If anyone else has feedback let me know.

My bro has ATT internet and Yahoo offers Norton for free i think
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2007-11-27

http://www.myspace.com/jt2482

Back to top Go down

Proctecting your PC.....what do you use? Empty Re: Proctecting your PC.....what do you use?

Post by Hudacris M3 Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:13 pm

Well since my profession is an IT professional....let me chime in LOL

you can't get around having an anti-virus program, at my job....we are all protected using McAfee

On my personal computer at home, I went free with AVG 8.5....really can't beat that as far as free anti-viruses go

You guys should also have some type of anti-spyware /anti-malware on your systems

My personal fav's are Spybot search & destry, Combofix, Malwarebytes AntiMalware, and Dr. Web Cureit

all are free and do a DAMN good job at getting your computer back to a cleaned state....I had gotten a very nasty worm from this site, and it was Combofix followed by Dr. Web that gave it the Stone Cold Stunner

.....*drops mic*
Hudacris M3
Hudacris M3
The Patch Informer

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Back to top Go down

Proctecting your PC.....what do you use? Empty Re: Proctecting your PC.....what do you use?

Post by aRod914 Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:47 pm

i use two...Advanced System Care and the AVG that Mr. IT aka Huda mentioned...recently I downloaded a free spyware removal and will prolly try one of Huda suggestions.
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:15 pm

i tried Spybot search & destry and it seemed to slow my system and my scan time would be several hours but thats just me
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2007-11-27

http://www.myspace.com/jt2482

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum