Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with some rules and guidelines

5 posters

Go down

Help with some rules and guidelines Empty Help with some rules and guidelines

Post by STEELCITY637 Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:50 pm

Ok we are getting close to the start date of the DSL MADDEN 10 League. We are at 11 people right now and im fine with that as I want this league to go quick and then maybe we can expand to 15 or so people for year 2. I was thinking of playing 1 game every 4 or 5 days. This should not be hard to do as most of the games will be against the cpu. Also for playing against humans I want to have a schedule thread that people can pu the times they are available to play the game the week of the game. So if a game doesnt get played I can see which user tried to schedule and award them the win.

As for quarter length. Ive been playing around with different settings and need some help. Im torn between 5 or 6 min quarters with no acc. clock or 10 min quarters with a acc. clock. Im starting to lean toward the 10 min. but not sure. Play some practice games and let me know. Also any other rules and guidelines we should put in place. Other than the obvious of "no cheese please".

STEELCITY637
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Help with some rules and guidelines Empty Re: Help with some rules and guidelines

Post by jax00 Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:05 pm

What is considered cheese in Madden? I don't play online a lot.

jax00
Water Boy
Water Boy

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-08-12

Back to top Go down

Help with some rules and guidelines Empty Re: Help with some rules and guidelines

Post by aRod914 Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:28 am

schedule thread sounds like a great idea...and it forces people to visit this site and be more involved with the league.

As for cheese in my book :

Running the same 3-4 plays all game long
Rolling out with your QB all game long
Blitz on every play

I guess the simplest way to avoid cheese is, whatever team you pick, use them as they play in real life.
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:51 pm

Good points Arod... yeah, it's so hard to call cheese but those points you made are obvious cheese...

Steel I like the "1 game every 4 or 5 days", very doable for those with busy schedules.

Maybe we can schedule a DSL night, if we set 1 night a week aside where majority is available, then we can have a good chance of bumping into people... Kind of like a Monday night Football or something.... and if we are available on a night we can always scrimmage with others that are not on schedule for fun...

G
GD360
GD360
Admin

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2007-11-24

http://www.digitalsportsleagues.com

Back to top Go down

Post by STEELCITY637 Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:00 pm

sounds good GD

STEELCITY637
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunkulese Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:50 pm

I played my first game against the cpu and the clock seemed just right for me. Are the free agents going to be off limits for the season or just until you figure something out?

Hunkulese
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by STEELCITY637 Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:01 pm

Thanks for the input Humkulese. As for free agents we might keep them off limits for this season and then set up a wavier system for the off-season. What do you think?

STEELCITY637
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down