Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2

+5
YAYONAIZE
PJ the WARLORD
TDANZA420
ohcan1
GD360
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 Empty Rainbow 6 Vegas 2

Post by GD360 Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:02 am

WOHOO!! NEW INFO ON R6V2!!!

taken from achievementjunkies.com:
Official Xbox 360 Magazine has some of the first public details of Ubisoft’s recently announced sequel to last years tactical third person shooter. Vegas 2 is aiming to be a revolution for the series, both technologically, and in gameplay.

“What about Multiplayer?!” “What’s the storyline?” “How about weapons?!, We need more weapons!”. All and more are explained in the information detailed. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 releases in March 2008…

According to the source, the following is what we can expect from Ubisoft’s ’sequel’:

Vegas 2 will have 11 new weapons to use.
It will also feature 11 new multiplayer maps, including some remakes baed on maps from Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield.
There will be 2 new multiplayer modes.
The Xbox Live portion of Vegas 2 is expanded. A new ‘Search’ function is being implemented for quicker results in matchmaking. Something Halo 3 users will likely envy.
You will now be able to join multiplayer matches that are in-progress, and you don’t have to wait until the round is over for you to be able to start playing.
Ubisoft has severely modified the enemy A.I. for the single-player campaign.
You will be able to choose between both a male or female character in the single-player portion, in addition to being able to customize your character in many different ways.
Every cut-scene in the game is in real-time, ala Half- Life 2.
The single-player campaign is going to be part sequel, part prequel. ( Uh oh. DON’T SCREW THIS UP, Ubisoft.)
The game’s frame rate is now much higher, resulting in a smoother picture and better gameplay experience.
Currently planned for release in the US in Spring/March of 2008.
GD360
GD360
Admin

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2007-11-24

http://www.digitalsportsleagues.com

Back to top Go down

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 Empty Re: Rainbow 6 Vegas 2

Post by ohcan1 Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:51 pm

I think this sounds cool so i signed up for game fly and order vegas 1 so GD will stop asking me if i played it...jajaja just kiding GD, but i really did order it.
ohcan1
ohcan1
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:19 pm

ohcan1...> R6 Vegas was the official shooter of DSL!! Let me know when you get it...I won't mind hopping on with you and I have a feeling other DSL Members would not mind popping in R6 as well...

When we get on it, we gotta rock the Terrorist hunt!! You will enjoy the COVER SYSTEM!! Just spoke with Danza and he is down with it...Let me know when you get R6... you won't regret it...
GD360
GD360
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:20 pm

will be good cause i only ranked up like 4 levels in that game lol
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 1473

http://www.myspace.com/jt2482

Back to top Go down

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 Empty MORE INFO: 12/19/07 - from IGN.com

Post by GD360 Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:09 pm

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Interview
We've got the first details, screens and a teaser trailer of the next installment in Ubisoft's heralded series.
by Nate Ahearn
December 19, 2007 - Anyone who owned an Xbox 360 in November of 2006 picked up one of two games -- or, if you're lucky enough, you bought both -- Rainbox Six Vegas or Epic's Gears of War. While Gears was certainly the more hyped of the two titles, Rainbox Six Vegas rose to the forefront of many gamers' minds as a contender for Game of the Year. While it did concede the honors in the end, the series clearly made the jump to high-definition gaming much easier than others. Some say it was the first fully realized Xbox 360 game to come on the market. Period. We would agree.

Now Ubisoft is preparing to unleash the sequel to the masses in Spring 2008. The game brings several new features and modes to the mix so in order to keep all of our sub-machine gun totting ducks in a row we sat down with Jean-Pascal Cambiotti, the Lead Game Designer for Rainbow Six Vegas 2 to get the skinny.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IGN: Any refinements or changes to the cover system that so many people enjoyed from the first game?

Jean-Pascal Cambiotti: The cover system works in the same manner as the one in RSV. However, with the addition of the sprint feature, you'll be able to move quickly from cover to cover.

IGN: Could you give us a rundown of the HUD and have there been any controller changes?

Jean-Pascal Cambiotti: The gameplay mechanics are very similar since they worked extremely well on RSV. That said, we've done some improvements to the weapons mechanics, such as re-balancing the weapons and adding bullet penetration to the mix. No longer will a flimsy piece of drywall completely protect you from a high-powered rifle.

We also focused on enriching the overall story experience. So now there's a real sense of purpose for playing tactically. You customize and evolve your character in all game modes and you unlock new gear and weapons through a new rewards system that rewards you using your tactics. Lastly, you lead your team throughout new parts of Las Vegas to finally conclude the story.

That said, we do have some cool new features that improve on the planning phase. Your teammates play a bigger role in how you approach a hostile situation. They can provide you with intel that allows you to make the best tactical decision for the situation at hand. You also have more control over your team and can use them to perform new actions.

IGN: What new Vegas "hot spots" can we expect to see? Will we revisit any old favorites from the first game?

Jean-Pascal Cambiotti: RSV2 explores completely different areas of Las Vegas and beyond. You will experience the grittier parts of the city and go deeper into the seedier areas. You'll lead your team through areas such as a monorail station, a convention center, back allies and an "old school" strip club. Every mission looks completely different, and plays differently too.

Go time.
IGN: Shed a bit more light on the new character customization for both single- and multiplayer. Is it going to be identical to the system we saw in the first game's multiplayer, only ported to the campaign? Or will there be some sort of new structure?

Jean-Pascal Cambiotti: Character customization, known as Persistent Elite Creation, is available in both single-player and multiplayer, across all game modes. You create one character, which continually evolves and unlocks gear whether you're playing alone, in co-op or against other players online.

We didn't just plug character customization into the single-player. We tailored the story around the fact that you can play either a male or female character. The way you customize your character also affects your Rainbow teammates. Your teammates will also take on an appearance similar to your own.

By introducing character customization into single-player we've also given you the possibility of equipping body armor, which you can swap out at refitting stations. This makes for an interesting tactical decision between protection and mobility.

IGN: Give us some more details on the "improved AI" of the enemies? Will they now have an answer to the breach and clear move that seemed to dominate them in the first game?

Jean-Pascal Cambiotti: The enemy AI has been improved greatly. In RSV, the enemies would throw smoke grenades at you and essentially blind themselves because they couldn't see through it. Now, some enemies are equipped with thermal and night vision, making them deadlier in darker areas and places with reduced visibility due to smoke or dust.

IGN: Any hints to the storyline? Recap where we left off and where the story is heading this time around.

Jean-Pascal Cambiotti: Although this game is a sequel, it is much more than just that. RSV2 sheds light on what happened before Las Vegas was under attack. So you will lead your team in a very unique and new location outside the US before ever going to Vegas. In addition, the player then arrives in Las Vegas and plays through different mission in Vegas while Logan is in Mexico in the first game. Finally, you will be able to conclude the story in an exotic location that should prove to be thrilling and satisfying.

Breaking and entering.
IGN: When and on what platforms can we expect to see Rainbow Six Vegas 2?

Jean-Pascal Cambiotti: The game will simultaneously be available on X360, PS3 and PC in March 2008.

IGN: XP- allows you to rank up and unlock visual customization. Will there be prestige classes so people can keep ranking a second time or will it end at the same place as RSV? It seemed people ranked to the top rather quickly in RSV and it would be good to extend that pursuit for the hardcore players.

Jean-Pascal Cambiotti: The player is always rewarded while playing the game. Every action, every objective and every victory leads to a reward. The more XP you get, the more you move up in Ranks and unlock visual customization until you get to the Elite Rank. Instead of adding prestige classes, we went a different route and created the A.C.E.S. rewards, which reward players with weapons including 11 new weapons not found in RSV. This reward is based on using the tactics at your disposal.

They know how to party in Vegas.
IGN: A.C.E.S.- allows you to unlock new weapons. Is this a class based unlock? (i.e. Using an assault rifle well will unlock new assault rifles, etc). How will this apply to gadgets and explosives?

Jean-Pascal Cambiotti: A.C.E.S. stands for Advanced Combat Enhancement and Specialization and this is a new type of reward that makes you aware of the tactics you use and encourages you to try new tactics of your own. It is divided into 3 categories, which favor the use of different tactics. The more points you get in each category, the more related weapons you unlock.

For example: Performing headshots will reward you with a specific category of A.C.E.S. points that can lead to unlocking a sniper rifle. As you progress, you get to different levels of proficiency within the category. Every time you attain a new level of proficiency, you unlock a new weapon.

Although earning A.C.E.S. requires you to use tactics, it's up to you to choose how you want to execute that tactic. To score a headshot, you can use any weapon you want. Gadgets and explosives fall under one of the three categories related to a tactical style of gameplay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to Jean-Pascal for taking the time to answer our questions. Keep your reticule locked on IGN.com after the holidays for a more extensive look at what Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will bring to the table.
GD360
GD360
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PJ the WARLORD Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:09 am

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 Tom-clancys-rainbow-six-vegas-2-20071218021456221Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 Tom-clancys-rainbow-six-vegas-2-20071218021505330Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 Tom-clancys-rainbow-six-vegas-2-20071218021447675
PJ the WARLORD
PJ the WARLORD
M.V.P
M.V.P

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2007-12-07

http://pjsmortgagenews.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:57 am

looks good........so we ask the question. Who all will be getting it? I may need to start saving now or hope nothing new comes out for a while lol

A good trick if you get tired of games within a week or 2. Buy a used game from GameStop, they will let you return it for another game within a 1 or 2 week span.
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by YAYONAIZE Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:01 pm

I think the question is more like, who isn't getting it??? RB6 Vegas 2 is the shiznit. This will be the 2008 shooter of the year and make COD 4 look like Wolfenstien 3D.
YAYONAIZE
YAYONAIZE
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2007-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:18 pm

Yeah buddy! Looks sweet! The good news is there isn't too much coming out anytime soon especially in March! So I can start putting away my BB Giftcards for that! =)
GD360
GD360
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aRod914 Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:26 pm

im just glad ill be able to snipe and hide....gotta love the cover system
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:56 pm

YAYONAIZE wrote:I think the question is more like, who isn't getting it??? RB6 Vegas 2 is the shiznit. This will be the 2008 shooter of the year and make COD 4 look like Wolfenstien 3D.

Wolfenstien is a great game, i still play it on my xbox. RB6 V2 i don't think will be better then COD4. Different style of games but thats what makes it fun. Either way both games are sweet
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by YAYONAIZE Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:46 pm

Actually that was a bit hyperbolic on my part. COD4 is one of the best games ever, but I have to say I really miss being able to take cover like in RB6V. That's my only complaint with COD4. Other than that it's gaming nirvana minus the Courtney Love influence.
YAYONAIZE
YAYONAIZE
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:00 pm

Taking Cover is the butter of FPS games! I thought that would be in all upcoming FPS games, but R6 has proven only they can do it right. GOW had it down but R6 Vegas had it better...
GD360
GD360
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:08 am

just hearing Cournty loves name makes me wanna vomit jajaja

Taking cover is for cowards, Camping = taking cover

Shake and Bake baby.....shake and bake
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 Empty new reward system, some gameplay and other features

Post by John Mactavish Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:45 pm

some gameplay footage, new reward system, character customization and more
John Mactavish
John Mactavish
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:09 am

Mark your Calendars: March 21st, 2008.

Weird that the release date is a Friday...
GD360
GD360
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:25 am

anyone wanna wager some DSL $$$ that it gets pushed back jajaja
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by aRod914 Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:51 pm

won't be getting this game for a while...mlb 2k8 comes out in March, should keep me busy for a while....haha, unless of course it sucks like it has for the past two years (that developer better be telling the truth about the improvements)
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:12 am

precise1987 wrote:won't be getting this game for a while...mlb 2k8 comes out in March, should keep me busy for a while....haha, unless of course it sucks like it has for the past two years (that developer better be telling the truth about the improvements)

Loyalty
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:44 am

No way Cise!! We need you man,....hahah...

That's cool, who knows if I'll be getting it on launch since budget is TIGHT nowadays. Why don't you join Gamefly and borrow both of them? That way if MLB sucks, you never wasted your money! =)

Gamefly has a nice deal where you can actually just keep the game you rent for a pretty decent price. If you luck out and get a new game, the odds are you are the first owner so you can buy it for like $10 off the original price and it's new! =)
GD360
GD360
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:54 am

If MLB is as good as they say i am going to get that over R6V2 as well. Still have R6 that i dont play and havn't touched COD4 since ralph was 12 jajaja if i want to play a FPS i can just rock one of those. Been waiting for a good MLB game since 05
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by aRod914 Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:17 am

anyone else intrested in a baseball game…or is just me and Danza
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by YAYONAIZE Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:05 pm

I'm always down for a baseball season.
YAYONAIZE
YAYONAIZE
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Hudacris M3 Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:25 pm

still got my Halo3 to sell back...but i was planning on Mass effect or burnout revenge...if u guys can hype up baseball enought ill jus get that lol
Hudacris M3
Hudacris M3
The Patch Informer

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:33 pm

As Steel would say "way to stay on topic" jajaja

Precise is able to hype up Eddie and had us all thinking Curry = Beast jajaja i'm sure hyping up MLB won't be hard
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down