Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking News from Chicago

+3
GD360
BIGWOO22
TDANZA420
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Breaking News from Chicago - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News from Chicago

Post by PJ the WARLORD Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:14 pm

I think it was a good trade..
PJ the WARLORD
PJ the WARLORD
M.V.P
M.V.P

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2007-12-07

http://pjsmortgagenews.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:52 am

actually was thinking about it a little more and it may work.

We lost Ben Wallace...we were paying him waaaay too much anyway. To think about how he played, I'd take Drew Gooden straight up for him...

Then we lose our most consistent, possibly the best player we have this year, Joe Smith... but then we gain a shooter -> Larry Hughes. So we didn't lose much, we actually gained more points than Joe would offer. The only problem is we have a lot of guards now... Let's see how Larry and Ben produce. They will be competing for minutes big time. We did gain height though with Larry.

Then we lose Adrian Griffin... not a loss actually. Then we gain Cedric Simmons (never heard of him) and Shannon Brown (don't know much about him either). We also lost a 2nd round draft pick, according to Toran360, we have 2 2nd round picks anyway.

So overall, it was not much of a loss or too much of a gain in my book. When our season looked to be going down the drain, it was time that Pax shook it up... Let's see what they can do against Denver tonight....
GD360
GD360
Admin

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2007-11-24

http://www.digitalsportsleagues.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:06 am

GD good thoughts, i to am in favor of this. Although there is a website called "larryhughespleasestoptakingsomanybadshots.com" hahaha or somethign like that and its was funny how they were happy to see him go and glad to get BW.......just like we are glad to see Wallace go and to be getting Gooden and Hughes in return.

I am all for this trade for the following reasons - i'f i were paxson this is what i am thinking now.

Starting 5
PG - Hinrich
SG - Hughes
SF - Deng
PF - Thomas
C - Gooden

Bench:
Gordon
Nocioni
Sefalosha
Duhon
Noah
Simmons
Gray

Wallace was a bust and i needed to correct my mistakes. Gooden doesn't bring a dominant post game but he brings more low post scoring then Wallace and prob is better then Smith. Gooden is still young and can score - rebound (O and D) as well as run the floor. Gooden = good pickup

Hughes is the wild card in this, will he be able to regain his form from Washington where they ran a more up tempo style compared to Clev where they wanted him to be a ball handler (sort of what we are doing with Gordon). Hinrich and Hughes in the back court will give us Defense (hughes was NBA All Defensive team in 06) size - speed and scoring. Then you also can match huges with Gordon to give you two good scoring options. Duhon - Sefolosha - Gordon will be good off the bench. Not to mention Nocioni.

Front court may be lacking size but so was PHX and they managed. Gooden and Thomas i think should start cause they could cause problems, they lack size but many teams in the league do as well. Noah brings hustle as well as Nocioni. Simmons is also an unkown, at 6'9 he is not a beast but neither is Millsap or Maxiel but given a chance he can prob contribute. With Wallace and Smith gone we can find out if Thomas and Noah are worth building around or if they are bench players at best.

Bringing Nocioni - Gordon - Sefolosha - Noah off the bench gives us a good mix of size - D and scoring.

Not to mention we save close to 3mill next season. If we dont bring back Duhon we have shannon brown who at 6'4 gives us size as well. We can then either try to package Gordon/Hughes/Thomas and our pick for a proven player like Micheal Redd or Gordon and our pic to move up and get Roy Hibbert from G-Town to put next to Gooden to secure our post play. Also leaves us the option to go for another scorer and try to sign Jamal Mcglorie to play center........Paxson has lots of options to consider and lots of directions he can lead this team into.

I don't think they will be in uniform tonight but should be by sundays game. Bulls will make a run and should make playoffs. My Gooden jersey is on order, just gotta see what number he will take jajaja
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2007-11-27

http://www.myspace.com/jt2482

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down