Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League Idea

+3
GD360
Pappi Joe
YAYONAIZE
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

League Idea Empty League Idea

Post by YAYONAIZE Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:29 pm

I just want to voice my opinion on the draft league and suggest that we notch up the games a bit since there now appears to be a serious amount of people joining. Here's my logic, the easiest way to knock out games it seems is when you go against the same opponent twice in a row. You are already matched up so you play your next game just about every time whenever that's the case. Because of this, I don't think adding more games to the schedule will necessarily drag out the league. If anything it should keep it more competitive and active.

Any thoughts?
YAYONAIZE
YAYONAIZE
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2007-11-28

Back to top Go down

League Idea Empty Re: League Idea

Post by Pappi Joe Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:42 pm

well, it is a nice idea but, i for one don't always have enough time to play 2 or 3 games in a row... not that I dont want to but for reasons beyond my control I just can't.
Pappi Joe
Pappi Joe
NBA 2K8 Champ

Number of posts : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:30 pm

history has shown the 32 game leagues were slow. To build rivalries or what not i can make the playoffs best of 7 games. But I am unable to bump to 32 games once it's been created. If this goes well we can always push it up to 32....but i think we should go with 24 for now...
GD360
GD360
Admin

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2007-11-24

http://www.digitalsportsleagues.com

Back to top Go down

Post by arrogant donkey Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:45 pm

i think the other league was just slow because we had 14 guys 22 is much more and 32 will give us 1 against half and 2 games against half thats good i think that way some guys will get more than 1 game against each other
arrogant donkey
arrogant donkey
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2007-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:23 am

GD360 wrote:history has shown the 32 game leagues were slow. To build rivalries or what not i can make the playoffs best of 7 games. But I am unable to bump to 32 games once it's been created. If this goes well we can always push it up to 32....but i think we should go with 24 for now...

I'm with GD - each time we think we can finish there seems to always be some that are behind while others get thru 10+ games in a few days.

Perhaps DSL might be in favor of a keeper league (hate to Bill Gates Hardstrikes idea jajaja) incase some of us decide we like our teams. First and second round can be pre-determined based on each of us selecting 2 guys from our draft roster that we want to hold onto. After those 2 rounds are complete the rest of the players are for the taking. Could do something were you can hold onto 1 player with a rating in the 90's and who ever else you want.
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2007-11-27

http://www.myspace.com/jt2482

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:48 am

TDANZA420 wrote:
GD360 wrote:history has shown the 32 game leagues were slow. To build rivalries or what not i can make the playoffs best of 7 games. But I am unable to bump to 32 games once it's been created. If this goes well we can always push it up to 32....but i think we should go with 24 for now...

I'm with GD - each time we think we can finish there seems to always be some that are behind while others get thru 10+ games in a few days.

Perhaps DSL might be in favor of a keeper league (hate to Bill Gates Hardstrikes idea jajaja) incase some of us decide we like our teams. First and second round can be pre-determined based on each of us selecting 2 guys from our draft roster that we want to hold onto. After those 2 rounds are complete the rest of the players are for the taking. Could do something were you can hold onto 1 player with a rating in the 90's and who ever else you want.

KEEPER LEAGUE - sounds like a fine idea to me but if we are to do it, my opinion is we should determine this NOW or before we play any games. This can totally change the way people trade their players. I'm all for it, should we start a poll on this? Please do if you think this is a good enough Idea.

Making this a keeper league may push people to continue playing their games even if they are losing to see what they get next year. And if a person is not willing to play the next season, all their players become draft material. By the season being short, the option for a keeper league is more feasible.
GD360
GD360
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:13 am

I wouldnt make people chose now mostly cause that could take a while and we don't know the draft order......or has it been determine allready? Plus with doing it at the end of the year you can determine who you want to keep and who you like. Last year me and steel swapped TD and Wade - both got a good guy but didn't like him jajaja

Not to mention with the draft 3 days away this will give us more time to work out the fine details and any restrictions we might want. And give people more time to think it over cause we would need 100% to agree and if not what are we gunna do kick them out?
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:57 pm

plus with 22 teams (dang thats alot) i'm not sure the total number of 90's in the game? I'm sure the teams picking first will get the higher rated (KB - LJ - TD - KG .....ect) 90's while the lower teams will get a lower rated but also have the chance at another low 90. But all this can be worked out cause we still need to start this league
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by YAYONAIZE Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:33 pm

I could sense a bit of an advantage for those teams that get higher picks as well. I think there are 28 players rated 90 or better and 64 with an 80-89 rating. Everyone should have at least 4 players not in the 70s with the top three or four or five picks having a roster with 5 players in at least their 80s. In other words you should wait until at least round five to consider drafting Brian Scalabrine, Danza..jajaja. (At least that's better than my Laker squad boasted last league we had up...rest of ya'll better watch out. Yayo's out to win this thing!!!) Needless to say however, there is probably an advantage if you get one of those top picks because you get to build a powerhouse roster around a legitimate superstar...then again you could also have two 90s if you get a lower pick...so if that's an argument for or against a keeper league I suppose it's in how you spin it.
YAYONAIZE
YAYONAIZE
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by YAYONAIZE Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:43 pm

This link will guide you to a list of the top 25 players at each position so you guys can do a little pre-draft strategy, but it won't help you with you game though!
YAYONAIZE
YAYONAIZE
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:48 pm

yeah i thought the same thing but its something you deal with. IYHO (in your honest opinoin - for those who didnt know) what is the difference when playing with a low 90 or high 80? Say 88-93? is it like having 1 or 2 injections of HGh?
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by YAYONAIZE Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:06 pm

It's all about chemistry. Having a superstar will work for some but may not work as well for others. For example, hoisting up 30 shots a game with Kevin Durant might get you to have a league leader in scoring, but it may not win you very many games. As much as I love playing with Kobe, it would be interesting to see what I could do with a more balanced team like say the Jazz or the Pistons. You don't need a superstar to nail a wide open shot, and it's the teams that are balanced, especially the ones designed to go inside-out, that appear to get more of those open looks. Look at what the Lakers are doing in the real NBA this year...Kobe's shots are down but they are winning more games. He's actually having one of his worst statistical years, but the Lakers are so much better balanced because of Bynum and because their outside shooters such as Radmanavic, Farmar and Fisher are getting clean looks from behind the arc all game. Damn, I am getting giddy for this draft...bring it on!!!
YAYONAIZE
YAYONAIZE
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Pappi Joe Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:52 pm

YAYONAIZE wrote:It's all about chemistry. Having a superstar will work for some but may not work as well for others. For example, hoisting up 30 shots a game with Kevin Durant might get you to have a league leader in scoring, but it may not win you very many games. As much as I love playing with Kobe, it would be interesting to see what I could do with a more balanced team like say the Jazz or the Pistons. You don't need a superstar to nail a wide open shot, and it's the teams that are balanced, especially the ones designed to go inside-out, that appear to get more of those open looks. Look at what the Lakers are doing in the real NBA this year...Kobe's shots are down but they are winning more games. He's actually having one of his worst statistical years, but the Lakers are so much better balanced because of Bynum and because their outside shooters such as Radmanavic, Farmar and Fisher are getting clean looks from behind the arc all game. Damn, I am getting giddy for this draft...bring it on!!!

A-M-E-N
Pappi Joe
Pappi Joe
NBA 2K8 Champ

Number of posts : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:17 am

YAYONAIZE wrote:It's all about chemistry. Having a superstar will work for some but may not work as well for others. For example, hoisting up 30 shots a game with Kevin Durant might get you to have a league leader in scoring, but it may not win you very many games. As much as I love playing with Kobe, it would be interesting to see what I could do with a more balanced team like say the Jazz or the Pistons. You don't need a superstar to nail a wide open shot, and it's the teams that are balanced, especially the ones designed to go inside-out, that appear to get more of those open looks. Look at what the Lakers are doing in the real NBA this year...Kobe's shots are down but they are winning more games. He's actually having one of his worst statistical years, but the Lakers are so much better balanced because of Bynum and because their outside shooters such as Radmanavic, Farmar and Fisher are getting clean looks from behind the arc all game. Damn, I am getting giddy for this draft...bring it on!!!

It's all about taking 30 shots a game with 1 player and being the scoring champ.........what game are you playin jajaja
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by arrogant donkey Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:19 am

i have a question if after we make our first keeper pick if we dont have anyone that equals less than 183 worth keeping than can we make our second pick from the players not kept or do we have to pick 2?
arrogant donkey
arrogant donkey
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by STEELCITY637 Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:43 am

I have doubts on this keeper league working as if one person misses the draft the whole lg. can get screwed up. Than the cpu makes a pick of someones keeper. Than that gm has to take someone from the player pool eliminating another gms pick. What if two gms forget to rank it only gets worse.

STEELCITY637
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:22 am

I think BigPerm said it best........"when in doubt, don't pull out"
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by maniacjay23 Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:47 am

yes you are right it can make it realll compicated buut it also is worth theheartache should a few teams not pre rank it will make the draft a big headache because now it needs to be corrected was in a league like that recently and the second season started off because 2 people didnt make the draft but the admin worked it out it was a hassle welll worth it you fall in love with your team and it adds a sim atmosphere because you can build for the future because you o nly could keep 2 so you have to be wise who you keeep and draft ........ but it is well worth it, you just have to make sure draft is a few days in advance ,,,,,,, everybody is informed of when and how important it is to pre draft,

the positives out weigh the negatives in the long run in the sim lg me and y son are in he is in 2nd season and it s a keeeper league and everybody had enuff time to pre rank and it worked out and 2 ppl werent there but they were abble to prerank thier keeeper picks understanding how important it was and then the draft kept moving

the keeeper lg is goood and can work dsl communication and atmosphere fits that other lgs dont have the same closenesss and admin like we have it can work
maniacjay23
maniacjay23
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:48 am

Yes ManiacJay...

I was thinking of having a throw away team where we can dump any players we are not using. For example we will call it Team X. If someone accidentally picks your player, you would instead pick a low player and have it dumped onto Team X while you make a trade to get the player you were initially supposed to get. This Team X can be used to dump players we did not mean to pick up.

The best way is to have players Pre Rank their top two players ahead of time, like ManiacJay said. It's good to hear from him since he already experienced this! This would make sure we all get our top two! =) It's true we all are getting along well and communicate properly, this helps a lot!
GD360
GD360
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by arrogant donkey Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:43 pm

ok but that dint answer my question can we only keep one player and draft our second player out of the free agents(guys not kept because they were to hgihly rated or werent chossen as a keeper)
arrogant donkey
arrogant donkey
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:58 pm

arrogant donkey wrote:ok but that dint answer my question can we only keep one player and draft our second player out of the free agents(guys not kept because they were to hgihly rated or werent chossen as a keeper)

I'm for this because I wanted to keep KG and Billups but Billups makes it over the limit. Therefore I would like to only keep KG and try my shot at drafting someone else from those not protected. It is up to how the people decide.
GD360
GD360
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by arrogant donkey Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:19 pm

ya after looking at ur team that when i realized manu or billups + KG is too any points so i think those 2 would go into free agency and thats how the free agent pool would happen so the people who dont have a 2nd player worth keepin could pick from the free agents
arrogant donkey
arrogant donkey
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:23 am

That can still mess things up, Say i want to keep Pau and Bogut but in reality i dont want Bogut but i wanted to keep Kidd. If i try to pull a fast one on the league but don't cliam Kidd someone else could have the chance to take him in the 2nd round before its my turn

Maybe by default we should have to go with two guys from our team to keep the first two rounds even then starting with the 3rd round we can take from the free agents. Say GD passes on Chauncy shouldn't the team selecting first (team with worst record this league) have first shot at any free agent?
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:41 am

Good points TD. From the info I gather, we should be forced to hold down 2 picks on our team. Since it is a KEEPER league. We then declare who we are keeping in a seperate forum, that way we keep track of everyone. From that forum we can also then start to stretgize our draft picks. This way, (as TD mentioned) whoever gets the 1st pick (worst record in the league), truly gets the first unprotected pick!

TD FTW!
=)
GD360
GD360
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maniacjay23 Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:32 am

yeah that does sound good can we trade down for pics to get depth i am always warrriors and mavs so wnebn im the warriors i always pick last hahha got used to it i kind of like it to pick last then first in the next can we trade for a player and the pick or just the pick.....

my son is in a league a sim lg they have i a keeper rule two players on squad are protected , free agent poool ,, idea as well and he said it went welll they r in 3rd season first season 24 games then 32 game s then if all goes well teams are carrried over with same rules to a 82 mame season he is halfway through his second and after aa seaso nand a half the league has built rivalries,,,,, stability because all the gmS BY NOW ARE RELAED GOOOD GAMES TOOO BECAUSE BY THEN EVERYONE wil know thier teams and then its like keeeping a team together then after few years free agency sets in ,,, the payer u learned to use realllly welll will be out there for other teams to draft as wellll.... 24 games is like practicing gettting to know the team 32 preason then 82 game is a long season and ive beeen in few lgs where people end up droppping i never did, stuck it out regardlesss of record and that was worth it and fun, i think we could do that here we just have to communicate and mke sure we lll seee eye to eye
maniacjay23
maniacjay23
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next