Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would anyone be down for another 2K8 league?

+3
arrogant donkey
Hudacris M3
TDANZA420
7 posters

Go down

Would anyone be down for another 2K8 league? Empty Would anyone be down for another 2K8 league?

Post by TDANZA420 Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:50 pm

Not sure if you guys are willing but it seems yet again the Elite league is dying down. Last i heard it was going to be the last league we do for 2K8.......guess again snitches hahaha I am going to start a new DSL league for those who love the game.

Lg = DSL DIEHARD
PW = bruce willis

Seems the only people playing end up playing eachother game after game (if it wasnt for me altering the 82 game season then i would probably only have 20 games in if that)

1. It will be straight up teams with trades. No point limit at all.
2. Teams are first come first serve - I will try to message Ralph and Toran incase but if you are joining send them a message incase i don't get a chance.
3. The purpose of this league is to play more games and not have to play lobby games - I will set it at 82 but if possible would like a group of about 6-12 teams. Currently it is set at 12.
4. Please only join if you intend on playing games. If you don't i will boot you sorry lol
5. Setting:
HOF
7min
82 Games
6a. Teams will be divided up into 2 Divisions and i will adjust the schedual to balance it out so that you have more games against your own division then the other one.
6b. Depending on the # of teams that join, i will split them up into 2 groups. East and West - from there with only 8 playoff teams we can take 4 from each of the two groups. Like i mentioned before i will go thru the whole schedual and create it so that teams from the east will meet more then east vs. west. Will try to make it even and hopefully will have enough teams to create some good rivalries.

7.? Any ideas will be listened to but can not promise I will use them.

If you intend on joining but won't be able to till you get on your xbox then state what team you want. If you post saying you want a team and someone just takes them then you will have first right to them. I decided to try the Detroit Pistons to change things up a bit. If no one shows interest then i will just delete the lg like it never happened lol

1. Danza - Pistons.....like a wise man once said "DETROITTTTTTT BASKETBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!"
2. Huda - Denver
3. GD - Lakers
4. Precise - ATL (dude hope you have better luck then my 5-43 jajaja)
5. Maniac - Mavs
6. Toran - Boston
7. Ralph - Spurs
8. Precise - Indy
9. Sportsfreeeeek - Cavs

Also please note that if you are in the DSL Elite league as well that should take priority over this league for any unplayed games if you are lagging behind. Reason I wanted to create this league is cause i am out of games to play and would rather play you guys more then another 7 with Huda jajaja

Last edited by TDANZA420 on Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:37 pm; edited 5 times in total
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2007-11-27

http://www.myspace.com/jt2482

Back to top Go down

Would anyone be down for another 2K8 league? Empty Re: Would anyone be down for another 2K8 league?

Post by Hudacris M3 Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:21 pm

Holla at a playa....give me the Nuggets, I need for A.I. practice Smile
Hudacris M3
Hudacris M3
The Patch Informer

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Back to top Go down

Would anyone be down for another 2K8 league? Empty Re: Would anyone be down for another 2K8 league?

Post by arrogant donkey Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:17 pm

sounds good but me freek and maniac were gonna start one up is this a fun lg sounds like it i was hopin we could test out the sim trade rules i found from another league using the espn trade machine to match salaries and having free agent teams

ill take.....76ers, twolves or raps who do u suggest?
arrogant donkey
arrogant donkey
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2007-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:05 am

Donkey - yea this one is mainly to just play more games and to have fun with is before 2K9 comes out. The only thing i don't like about the trade machine is that in 2K there are no saleries. You would be able to trade say Stephon Marbury (18Mill) for Jason Kidd (18Mil) even though there is a 10 point difference. Also with the trade machine its mostly about matching up salaries but in 2K you can't trade 2 players for 1.......it is a good idea but just not one that i care to bother with seeing how it can get confusing. Also after you make a trade the ESPN site won't update with your current roster so it will be hard to make trades when a few guys are showing up on a different team ect.....

"ill take.....76ers, twolves or raps who do u suggest?" <------- i would prob say 76ers. Miller can run the point - you have A.I (Igudala) not to mention Dalembert at C. Carny and Thadeous Young as well. You know how to use Toranto to so its a tough call. I am taking Detroit cause i never played with them except for Chauncy and i had Prince for about a game then traded him......only this that sucks is i am stuck with Huda's favorite player Walter HerrMannphrdite
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:38 am

I will take the NBA 2008 runner up - LA LAKERS!!

This will be my first league ever with Kobe Bryant, I'm actually looking forward to it. I never was interested in using him in the past, I will now find out why he's traded so quickly in many of our past leagues...

Looking forward to using Pau Gasol and Bynum as well.

Question:
Why is Kobe's uniform yellow?

Answer:
Cause he's CHEESE! jajaja

Last edited by GD360 on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
GD360
GD360
Admin

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2007-11-24

http://www.digitalsportsleagues.com

Back to top Go down

Post by aRod914 Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:58 am

im down as well...ill take the Hawks!

Update : changed my mind, took the Pacers.

Last edited by precise1987 on Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:38 am

GD360 wrote:I will take the NBA 2008 runner up - LA LAKERS!!

This will be my first league ever with Kobe Bryant, I'm actually looking forward to it. I never was interested in using him in the past, I will now find out why he's traded so quickly in many of our past leagues...

Looking forward to using Pau Gasol and Bynum as well.

Question:
Why is Kobe's uniform yellow?

Answer:
Cause he's CHEESE! jajaja

Call him Swiss cause he has lots of holes in his game jajaja
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by aRod914 Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:24 pm

tried joining the league....it kept saying the password was incorrect. Is bruce willis......all in lower cases?
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Toran360 Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:59 pm

Ay you have to go online to put da password in. It didnt work in da game for me or ralph. I got Boston and Ralph got the Spurs.
Toran360
Toran360
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:14 pm

precise1987 wrote:tried joining the league....it kept saying the password was incorrect. Is bruce willis......all in lower cases?

Dang even toran used the site jajaja seems like it has to be done thru the 2K site - i will send you an invite as well for ATL
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sportsfreeekk15 Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:15 pm

yea i picked the Cavs first time every playing with LBJ !!!

Sportsfreeekk15
Water Boy
Water Boy

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:29 pm

precise1987 wrote:tried joining the league....it kept saying the password was incorrect. Is bruce willis......all in lower cases?

Yo CISE, it shows you picked the Pacers, I thought you wanted Hawks.... Just wondering if you maybe did an audible..
GD360
GD360
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:31 pm

Looks like we got 7 already in the league. Let's try to keep it small but very active. I won't mind if we are just 10 people. If you barely played 30 games on our Elite league, I suggest not to join. It seems like the active ones are getting on board this league really quick though.
GD360
GD360
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:50 pm

We are currently at 7 and hope to go with 10-12, i will give it till we reach 10 or sunday afternoon to see if we can fill it up. Basicly i would like to have each division play each team within his own division 9 times. If we have 12 teams it would look something like this.

5 (number of divison rivals) X 9games = 45 games

6 (number of opposite division) X 6games = 36

Total = 81

That would leave 1 game remaining inwhich we could use for fun or play anyone at random but that game may or may not count towards final standings. Since we would play our own division a total of 45 games (9 a piece) there would be no need for a tie breaker cause at worst someone would win the season series 5-4. Still thinking about how we gunna do this but this seems to be a good way if we get 12
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by aRod914 Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:56 pm

sounds like a great idea Danza....

btw, GD I changed my mind. Im feeling the Pacers right now. Who you want for Kobe?....jajaja....j/k, you can keep that scrub.
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:28 pm

precise1987 wrote: Who you want for Kobe?....jajaja....j/k, you can keep that scrub.

hahaha Scrub......no love for the rapist huh jajaj (BTW my "rapist" car in forza is still ready for some races Precise)

All - Dont forget to make your front office, and have some fun with them. Can't make the trades now but we can sure talk up our teams and trash talk Smile
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:26 am

Currently we are at 11 teams. xMACKAx will be 12.

I did notice that peoples PR joined but xMACKAx had the spot reserved so i had to remove peoples from the league. Hopefully xMACKAx will get signed up today and we can start this tonight.
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:48 pm

Kobe will be Kobe in the DSL DIEHARD league... hahaha...

A great player on a so-so team...
GD360
GD360
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:07 pm

its only a so so team if you make them that way

Bynum - 84?
Gasol - 91
Odom - 87
Bryant - 98
Fisher 74

you got a nice squad my friend, perhaps the best starting 5 other then that of DETROIT BASKETBALL!!!!!!!!
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down