Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DSL Draft 2 ROSTER

+8
Pappi Joe
xMACKAx
TDANZA420
emelki1968
YAYONAIZE
GD360
Hudacris M3
STEELCITY637
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

DSL Draft 2 ROSTER Empty DSL Draft 2 ROSTER

Post by STEELCITY637 Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:15 pm

Alsolidus
Tdanza
TC BS
Pappi Joe
Higheranarchy
Maniacjay
Vinsanity
PTwizzle
BMoney
Woo
Toran
Ralph
AD
Yayo
Flying Kage
Hudacris
Melki
Precise
Steel
Macka
Peopls
GD
Spoondigga- Twizzles roommate also got game for lg.
PJ warlord

There are 24 names so far. I think this could be a season were we have to make some cuts mid-way through if people are not able to keep up with the weekly checkins and keep there games on pace with the rest of the lg. Also we had some complaints about sim ball. Everyone except for Spoon now has been in the lg. for at least one year so no more excuses. Right before start of lg we should post some sim rules just as a reminder.

STEELCITY637
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

DSL Draft 2 ROSTER Empty Re: DSL Draft 2 ROSTER

Post by Hudacris M3 Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:48 pm

sorry but i see at least 6-7 names that shouldn't be back
Hudacris M3
Hudacris M3
The Patch Informer

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post by STEELCITY637 Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:49 pm

Huda pm me a list of the names. That is why I wanted to throw those names out there so us vets can maybe get a vote. To be honest I also got a couple I dont think should be back.

STEELCITY637
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:49 pm

I would suggest these guys commit on the website to play X amount of games a week. I say 4 games minimum a week would be good. It's up to you guys on how you want to run it though. Just have the sim rules for them to acknowledge so we see that they are commited to playing and acknowledging the rules.

It just seems like too many people equals a good amount who become inactive...When people are inactive, there are a lot of players on teams that are wasted since they can't be traded and what not. (As I posted this I see Huda and Steel just mentioned something about this). Yes there is a couple that were not as active as should be. I just suggest to have a very LEAN League since we want to keep this thing active =)

Take note R6V2 is coming really soon, I see a lot of these guys dropping to play Vegas2 instead...

my 2 cents...
GD360
GD360
Admin

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2007-11-24

http://www.digitalsportsleagues.com

Back to top Go down

Post by STEELCITY637 Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:52 pm

The godfarther speaks the truth. Maybe out of the list some of the vets can send me the names they dont want. Then ill send a revised list and we can go from there.

STEELCITY637
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by YAYONAIZE Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:40 pm

Also, in response to Steel, if we are now going to include everybody then we need to increase the size of the league. So if we are adding PJ to the mix, then I think the purpose of the second league that Danza already created is more ideal for that effect. Everyone can join a not so serious version and there wont be any reprecussions for whatever and that's great for anyone who might prefer a more casual league. This second league accomplishes the compromise that would in effect include all the people that bought the game to be in a league and would also give BigWoo or anyone else a chance to redeem themselves.

In addition we can have an elite league for a limited few that don't mind the accountability and want the most from their competition. With the smaller DSL Elite league, we can finally accomplish finishing a season which I guarantee will never happen if we have everyone back as is right now otherwise we would have finished this league and there wouldn't be issues with having to sim through the playoffs just to close out the season. I think the requirements for this league are pretty clear at this point of what would be expected and I think there is enough of a contingecy that we could go with a 16 or 18 team keeper league and an 8 team playoff format and also incorporate a draft plus require mandatory attendance to set the tone right away.

Having two leagues solves all of those issues in my opinion. One can be laid back for anyone and everyone, and the other can be for those that want to actually finish, build on budding rivalries, and experience a simlike GM role. Personally I would be in both, and I think that most of us would, but we couldn't expect the same degree of accountability from the casual format as we would require of the elite one.

Sorry for the redundancies but I want to make it clear that I support all DSL members having the DSL experience. If we get enough interest in the serious league, then I say we expand it to include 30 people if there are 30 people who understand someone's gonna lay down the law if they don't meet the criteria for games played, website participation, or anything else asked of them by the league.

What are everyone else's thoughts?
YAYONAIZE
YAYONAIZE
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2007-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by STEELCITY637 Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:13 pm

Yayo we tried a second lg. and it just falls apart. We have enough trouble keeping one going. But if you guys want to run a second that is up to you. But I dont want guys that are active not being able to be in the main lg. because there not good at the game at this point. I play for fun and would of hated not to here danzas cursing out his team because he was only winning two games a year.

Why dont all the vets take a look at the list of 24 and send me who you would or wouldnt put in the main lg. Ill put all the lists together and send them back out.

As of right now there is 4 to 5 guys I would not invite back from that list.

STEELCITY637
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by YAYONAIZE Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:48 pm

In Danza's defense, in the first league he played with the worst team out of everyone, the Sonics, yet he still managed to compete although he didn't exactly finish in first. As soon as he gets a roster with good players, he was in the playoffs and finished with a record over .500.

Besides, if the second league falls apart which I doubt will happen, it won't matter. What should play out with that league should be similar to what just did in our most recent draft league; but that is to be expected so no one is going to make a big deal about it because those people that would will all be in the elite league which won't have those issues.

Last edited by YAYONAIZE on Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
YAYONAIZE
YAYONAIZE
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by STEELCITY637 Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:58 pm

Yayo im talking before you came Danza coined the stop and pop offense.

Yeah you can do a D-league I just dont want some good members being pushed out of the main lg. because they just got the game.

STEELCITY637
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by emelki1968 Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:04 pm

STEELCITY637 wrote:Yayo we tried a second lg. and it just falls apart. We have enough trouble keeping one going. But if you guys want to run a second that is up to you. But I dont want guys that are active not being able to be in the main lg. because there not good at the game at this point. I play for fun and would of hated not to here danzas cursing out his team because he was only winning two games a year.

Why dont all the vets take a look at the list of 24 and send me who you would or wouldnt put in the main lg. Ill put all the lists together and send them back out.

As of right now there is 4 to 5 guys I would not invite back from that list.

I hope I am not in the list. I will get my gold member card tomorrow. You can't leave the Spaniard out of the league!!!! you know that don't you, don't you, don't you...hahahaha

Alex

emelki1968
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by STEELCITY637 Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:13 pm

Alex you are our foriegn embasidor.

STEELCITY637
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by YAYONAIZE Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:27 pm

STEELCITY637 wrote:Yeah you can do a D-league I just dont want some good members being pushed out of the main lg. because they just got the game.

As I was suggesting, we can increase how many people are eligible without any trouble at all. I just think it would make the most sense to go with the "cream of the crop," the "elite" if you will. If that makes me an elitist, then I don't have a problem with that. And if we do include everyone then it's a must that we stick to an enforceable code of conduct.

Also, I am not a huge fan of bringing in anyone new because A) they are unknown elements and B) we don't have a basis for where they should be in the draft order.
YAYONAIZE
YAYONAIZE
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:13 am

hahaha Before you Yayo i was the only guy that would want the lakers and my first move was to always trade Farmar and Walton to what ever team was GM'd by Papi Joe jajaja granted i struggled KB was scoring leader most of the time and I would run with the Sonics again but now they don't have Delonte or Wallys World Sad

As for the 2nd league that one is more relaxed, we still want to keep it moving but for those that get trimmed out of this league they can join the other league as well. Or the Vets can join both if they want to get more games in..............

Not to mention i have invited a special Guest of honor to join jajaja
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 1473

http://www.myspace.com/jt2482

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:54 am

good conversation peeps! I like how u guys are using this site for what it's for... Organizing and talking out any unforeseen issues.

I feel we should run two leagues:
a.) DSL Elite (run by Yayo and Steel): Includes very active members ONLY. **Those active especially on the boards**. Exception would be 13ralph and Toran. This can be the LEAN MACHINE LEAGUE. Pretty much the DSL Vets plus those we know will have commitment.

b.) DLeague2 (run by Danza + whoever): Here we can put PJ and whoever else has not been in our leagues before. We can add those who just bought the game to get into our leagues. Here they can learn what it is to be in a league and what to expect. The DSL Vets that will be joining this can guide the new guys to let them know what we expect, etc... The guys who arent so active on the boards can be on here as well.

just my thoughts again on this. Thanks guys for keeping this moving!! Maybe we shouldn't call the other league a "D-League" so it won't turn off other peeps..

PS.
I may have found one recruit from a lobby game last night so we can add him on the "DLeague" as well...
GD360
GD360
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:13 pm

DSL Elite = MORE GAMING GOODNESS / LESS BABYSITTING

I know that's what a lot of the Vetz are looking for... with the new patch, would be an added spice as well...

The other league will pretty much be a tryout again. We don't have to mention that though so we see peeps true colors! =) But def lay down the rules...
GD360
GD360
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:20 pm

DSL DLG will not be a Development League but more of a begginer league i guess........Having it a D-League i agree could turn people away but if they are looking for a good league and group to join then they can understand why we would want them to join the "DLG" first just to get used to it and get a feel for what we are all about.

Not sure when we would plan to start it but we will post the "DSL rules" and what we expect from them.

Another question that GD pointed out is R6 2........many will be on that and when we start a MLB lg some may be on that while trying to rotate in other games......
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 1473

http://www.myspace.com/jt2482

Back to top Go down

Post by xMACKAx Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:27 pm

i had sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much trouble getting some matches in once the half dozen or so who play lots had played with me. Lots of people never reply to SCHEDULING a game let alone just playin one cos ur both on. What ever you guys do i suggest FILLING OUT AVAILIBLITY and madatory replys to scheduling game requests is a must. I'm not super sure who all the "vets" are but many many times in the last league i send out 3, 4, 5 messages to lots of differant members when they were on live only to be ignored. (including a near week of them in the playoffs)

xMACKAx
Water Boy
Water Boy

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by YAYONAIZE Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:51 pm

Thanks for pointing that out Macka. We are going to require mandatory participation on the 2K website from now on for the purpose of scheduling games and acknowledging rules and so forth. Unless we make some changes and start holding ourselves to a higher degree of accountability, we're going to run into this every single time. In all honesty, this setup might not work for everyone because we will expect actual commitment this time around.

If anyone plans on prioritizing some other video game in the next 60 days or so (Rainbow Six 2 perhaps...I know I will get it myself and play it as much as I can but not if a league game is available to play) that is totally understandable and we will have a second league in place to accommodate anyone and everyone who wants to join.

We would like to make both league available to everyone however for practical reasons that will not be 100% possible so we ask everyone here that wants to accept the level of commitment we seek to step up and give us their word they can handle it. If you think there will be any reason you cannot, then we still have a league although participation will be a lot more casual and at this point there will not be any draft.

Please announce your intention here if you would like to partake in either or both leagues so the admins can take steps to roll out the details to everyone.
YAYONAIZE
YAYONAIZE
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Pappi Joe Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:50 pm

[quote="GD360"]

b.) DLeague2 (run by Danza + whoever): quote]

hello my friends... you can make me the "whoeveR" I'll gladly run the rookie league with danza, prioritizing the elite league off course! just say the word, and I'll be there!
Pappi Joe
Pappi Joe
NBA 2K8 Champ

Number of posts : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by YAYONAIZE Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:30 pm

Cool. Pappi Joe is in both leagues and will help regulate the second one. PJ FTW!
YAYONAIZE
YAYONAIZE
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by MANiACNaTE25 Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:15 am

illl join i ended up busy with work and the kids near the end and i sucked so bad i got frustrated but im down ill sign up in this lg as mavs in the straight up league an warriors in the draft league
MANiACNaTE25
MANiACNaTE25
Water Boy
Water Boy

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-01-15

http://maniacnate25.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MANiACNaTE25 Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:16 am

oops i logged in under wrong name its me jay
MANiACNaTE25
MANiACNaTE25
Water Boy
Water Boy

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-01-15

http://maniacnate25.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by arrogant donkey Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:07 am

2 things in the draft league you cant pick your team because we are basing teams on order correct?

and second ill be in the d league as well if thats not a problem but as pappi said main is priority

p.s. i thnk all the vets should meet in cod4 or halo or gears lobby to discuss rules after the playoffs are done
aas well as discussing who is in and who is d league otherwise we will have 22 again and by the sounds of it we are looking to cut down
arrogant donkey
arrogant donkey
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2007-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by aRod914 Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:27 am

arrogant donkey wrote:2 things in the draft league you cant pick your team because we are basing teams on order correct?

and second ill be in the d league as well if thats not a problem but as pappi said main is priority

1. Correct, since we can't pick draft order, we are going to assign teams alphabetically since thats the was the draft occurs.

2. Sure, go ahead and join the 2nd league as long as you can handle both leagues.
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by maniacjay23 Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:54 am

ok thanks guys illl sign up for both aand do i do that here i ope i make the cut
maniacjay23
maniacjay23
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next