Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DSL Draft 2 ROSTER

+8
Pappi Joe
xMACKAx
TDANZA420
emelki1968
YAYONAIZE
GD360
Hudacris M3
STEELCITY637
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

DSL Draft 2 ROSTER - Page 2 Empty Re: DSL Draft 2 ROSTER

Post by Pappi Joe Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:12 am

precise1987 wrote:
arrogant donkey wrote:2 things in the draft league you cant pick your team because we are basing teams on order correct?

and second ill be in the d league as well if thats not a problem but as pappi said main is priority

1. Correct, since we can't pick draft order, we are going to assign teams alphabetically since thats the was the draft occurs.

2. Sure, go ahead and join the 2nd league as long as you can handle both leagues.

You will Jay... cry baby! LOL...

Well, eventough I understand and appreciate the effort to keep the draft order... remember our game performance will also vary (good or bad) given to the difference of playbooks from team to team. I personally run plays as much as I can so a new tam means a new playbook, another learning curve to work with. That alone should make it "interesting"...
Pappi Joe
Pappi Joe
NBA 2K8 Champ

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2007-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Pappi Joe Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:14 am

YAYONAIZE wrote:Cool. Pappi Joe is in both leagues and will help regulate the second one. PJ FTW!

Sorry for the ignorance but... FTW=?
Pappi Joe
Pappi Joe
NBA 2K8 Champ

Number of posts : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by aRod914 Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:12 pm

FTW= For the Win

don't worry man, i didn't know what that meant until like a few months ago
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by YAYONAIZE Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:33 pm

Pappi Joe wrote:
precise1987 wrote:
arrogant donkey wrote:2 things in the draft league you cant pick your team because we are basing teams on order correct?

and second ill be in the d league as well if thats not a problem but as pappi said main is priority

1. Correct, since we can't pick draft order, we are going to assign teams alphabetically since thats the was the draft occurs.

2. Sure, go ahead and join the 2nd league as long as you can handle both leagues.

You will Jay... cry baby! LOL...

Well, eventough I understand and appreciate the effort to keep the draft order... remember our game performance will also vary (good or bad) given to the difference of playbooks from team to team. I personally run plays as much as I can so a new tam means a new playbook, another learning curve to work with. That alone should make it "interesting"...

True, not only will the playbooks make a difference, but the team settings will as well. We could always go with the email list for the draft like I was proposing initially so that we could all keep our original teams as well as their settings and playbooks.

By the way, ELITE league is going to be 16 teams so we have some people on the bubble that may not end up qualifying. Our intent this time around is to have a league where we don't run into the issues that surrounding the last league ie. not completing the season, having to sim through playoff match ups to move the league forward, members not replying to league game or playoff game requests, etc. The key to this league is simple...commitment plain and simple.

We will have alternates on hand to take the place of those league members who fail to live up to their promise which is why everyone should join the second league because there won't be any penalty for lack of play.

More to follow soon.
YAYONAIZE
YAYONAIZE
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:24 am

Playbooks? What dat is
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2007-11-27

http://www.myspace.com/jt2482

Back to top Go down

Post by arrogant donkey Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:30 pm

how bout forget the playbooks:

ok we are all coaches who got fired and are being hired by new teams adjust and make due hows that sound?
arrogant donkey
arrogant donkey
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2007-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by YAYONAIZE Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:42 pm

I am down for whatever as long as nobody minds that I already took the Lakers for myself...they are right about in the middle which was where I finished anyway. Just watch Steel's arrogant ass grab the Warriors before this round even is even finished!!!

Remember though, we have another option where we can draft by email. Since there will only be 16 of us, this shouldn't be too hard if I put together a master list of players, positions, and ratings on a spreadsheet and we pass it around in the order of the draft.

So for example, let's say Steel drafts right after AD. He would make his pick and then forward the email announcing his pick to AD and also make the indication on the spreadsheet by removing the player he drafted from the pool of those available. On the second page of the spreadsheet, we will have a running tally of each team and who their last choice was which you would also update and then save a copy of for yourself.

Everyone would need to copy me on every pick, and then after each round I will send everyone an email that breaks down who picked who and then the next round would officially start.

If everybody is on board, then we could knock it out in less than half a day.
YAYONAIZE
YAYONAIZE
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by arrogant donkey Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:35 pm

i prefer the in game 1 but if eeryone else likes this im down just sounds longer and more complicated
arrogant donkey
arrogant donkey
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by YAYONAIZE Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:45 pm

I'm not suggesting it isn't either. It would require a greater degree of work but then again that's why this is the DSL Elite league so if there ever was a time to put it to the test, this could be that opportunity. I still need to compile the spreadsheet and honestly I wouldn't want to embark on that task for nothing so if we could get some additional feedback on this point that could be useful.
YAYONAIZE
YAYONAIZE
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:38 am

Im with ED, Playbooks are ok but you won't have the original team it was build for unless you draft that way. What good would having the Warriors be if you play and draft Detroit style of players. We should just adapt tp what team we get, if we are worried about playbooks then why draft
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by STEELCITY637 Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:07 pm

I didnt read half this thread but I think we should do a live draft.

STEELCITY637
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Post by YAYONAIZE Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:14 pm

STEELCITY637 wrote:I didnt read half this thread but I think we should do a live draft.

Live draft works but we need to assign/choose teams in specific order. Also, if we do live draft, it would be nice if everyone could attend or at the minimum take the time to pre-draft and give the cpu some idea who to pick.
YAYONAIZE
YAYONAIZE
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by arrogant donkey Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:56 pm

i think we eed to cut to 16 or 18 and make sure most can be there and before anyone joins we can just tell them what team they are
arrogant donkey
arrogant donkey
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:11 am

first things first.......whats the draft order and Yayo i think you should run a poll to see when a good draft night would be
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by emelki1968 Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:26 pm

I am open to anything. Tomorrow we will start our Spring Break...more known in Spain as "Semana Santa" Wink Which means that if you want to practice with me I am open. Actually I need tips, I am getting frustrated with game. I LOVE IT but I don't know how to do a lot of things. Although I like the roster update. I played with my Lakers and my Gasol....yes TDANZA, you read right MY GASOL!!! jejejeje
Alex

emelki1968
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:16 am

emelki1968 wrote:I am open to anything. Tomorrow we will start our Spring Break...more known in Spain as "Semana Santa" Wink Which means that if you want to practice with me I am open. Actually I need tips, I am getting frustrated with game. I LOVE IT but I don't know how to do a lot of things. Although I like the roster update. I played with my Lakers and my Gasol....yes TDANZA, you read right MY GASOL!!! jejejeje
Alex

jejeje FTW??? jajaja - anytime your done for a game let me know. You and "your" gasol can take on me and my......ummmm.......well what ever team i happen to choose lol
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by maniacjay23 Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:42 am

pumped for the next season keep me posted im anxious to play again gettin tired of quick matches and te people cheeese so much its ridiculous lol it gets annoying to led passss scoring pick and roll ay ,,, hack and trap press alll game grrrrr
gets me annoyed ,,,,,,,, i like plying here regardlesss of my record lol
maniacjay23
maniacjay23
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:26 pm

maniacjay23 wrote:pumped for the next season keep me posted im anxious to play again gettin tired of quick matches and te people cheeese so much its ridiculous lol it gets annoying to led passss scoring pick and roll ay ,,, hack and trap press alll game grrrrr

i know its a main reason why i wanted 2 leagues, more games to play is a good thing lol if you ever want to play a lobby game let me know
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Hudacris M3 Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:38 pm

jejejejejejeje
Hudacris M3
Hudacris M3
The Patch Informer

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post by arrogant donkey Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:32 pm

honestly i think we need to cut down a bit and let the guys who didnt make the main know so they can jon the d league honestly there are some who shouldnt be there and 24 is definately too many
arrogant donkey
arrogant donkey
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by aRod914 Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:51 pm

maniacjay23 wrote:pumped for the next season keep me posted im anxious to play again gettin tired of quick matches and te people cheeese so much its ridiculous lol it gets annoying to led passss scoring pick and roll ay ,,, hack and trap press alll game grrrrr

seriously man...iv'e been practicing with the Thuggets online and the amount of cheesing that goes on in every game is ridiculous...alot of these idiots think NBA is a dunkfest...buncha morons!!! Mad
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:08 pm

hahaha thats why GD created this group...........(round of applause for GD)

playing lobby games is where D'marr "Magic" Johnson gets his kicks lol
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by maniacjay23 Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:17 am

ooooh i hope ican play in the main i am reallly tired of lobby games hahaa so i do quick matches and am gettin better at combatting the cheesersss for real,,,,,,,,, any ways keep me posted i reallly am anxious to draft again and know were im drafting lol

grrr ope i make the cut
maniacjay23
maniacjay23
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by YAYONAIZE Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:54 am

maniacjay23 wrote:ooooh i hope ican play in the main i am reallly tired of lobby games hahaa so i do quick matches and am gettin better at combatting the cheesersss for real,,,,,,,,, any ways keep me posted i reallly am anxious to draft again and know were im drafting lol

grrr ope i make the cut

Jay, here's what you need to do in the meantime. Get on the 2k site and start to become active there. We have a lot of discussions on that site that you won't see here because they are intended for the league to read and not everyone here on the DSL site is in the league. We are trimming the Elite league down to 16 this time around so that we actually complete every game and so that we also make it through the playoffs without the issues we have been having. You impressed us with your play however you had an opportunity to participate in the playoffs and it backfired when we had to sim your match up which is why we have you on the bubble. The 16 that make the cut aren't necessarily the best or most competitive or even the most "sim" really, but they do have one thing in common and it's that they all stop whatever other game they are playing to get down to league business when an opponent becomes available for them to play. Should we have an opening because someone decides against taking part, you are one of the first alternates. For now though, take an active part on the league website at www.2ksports.com and set up your front office and use it to schedule games, negotiate trades, and weigh in on any discussions taking place. We are really trying to avoid a repeat of the last mess by enforcing everyone who comes on board to make a commitment.
YAYONAIZE
YAYONAIZE
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:03 pm

Dude posted like 34 messages (this morning) in the shoutbox..thats gotta mean something jajaja
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down