Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NBA 2k SIM RULES FOR NEW DSL MEMBERS

Go down

NBA 2k SIM RULES FOR NEW DSL MEMBERS Empty NBA 2k SIM RULES FOR NEW DSL MEMBERS

Post by GD360 Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:21 pm

Hi fellas, GD here. I'm taking some old rules we had in our past leagues (these were from our old website). All the regulars know and have adhered to these and that is why they are still here. Majority who did not follow these rules have been booted. I saw a request from Hunkulese and he was wondering what our SIM Rules were.

Please use this as a base for our rules in NBA 2K9.

I assure you that if you follow these rules and bring a cool attitude, you will enjoy being a DigitalSportsLeagues member;

OBJECTIVES:

The objective of this league is to have fun and meet new people to game with. I have joined a different leagues and found it to be most fun to talk with people you play against. By talking, it opens it up for possible trade opportunities and less chances of the person taking the cheap-shot route (playing arcade, cherry picking). I noticed the ones that don’t talk are more likely to play unfair and even quit in the middle of the game. That’s why the headsets are required in this league.

MAJOR RULES:

First and foremost, this is a “Simulation League”. If you are into RUN and GUN, proceed to NBA Live or NBA Jam. To be more specific, no passing the ball half court ON EVERY PLAY and dunking the ball, full court press not allowed ON EVERY PLAY. These plays are ok once in awhile, but if done on every play, it can ruin the whole online SIM league experience. Mix up your shots, shoot 3s, mid range shots, post game is huge in 2K9, layups, dunks, etc If you are familiar with Simulation basketball, you know what is expected. If you are unclear, let me know and I would be glad to explain it further for you. If various reports of these exploits are received by our admins, you will be dropped from the league. Any exploits/abuse will NOT be tolerated.

Headsets are required. If you aren’t the type to talk during the game, that is also fine, as long as you let the other person know before the game starts. A nice, “Hello!” to begin the game and a cool, “GG” at the end of the game is just fine. This isn’t asking much. Who here seriously doesn’t have a headset??! Using headsets gets you to talk to other members and maybe open up trading opportunities in the future.

MINOR RULES:

Try to check out “OUR” 2KSports Homepage as often as possible. Lots of trades are usually offered here. The MESSAGE BOARDS can be used to tell people what you are looking for or to put your players out on the trading block. Someone may be a piece of junk to you but can be another man’s treasure!!

Trades:

Trading will be monitored by our Admins. Only “Fair Trades” will be accepted. A Fair Trade is one that has a rating difference of 5 or less points. For example; Kobe Bryant (97 rating) for Janero Pargo (67 rating) is an UNFAIR trade. That’s a rating difference of 30 points! On the other hand, Kobe Bryant (97 Rating) and Jordan Farmar (67 Rating) for Corey Maggette (84) and Sam Cassel (80) would be equal in Value (equals 164 each). A three way trade can be worked out with communication on the Message Boards. When a trade is offered, feel free to leave a voice message to the person on your Xbox and/or send the person an email. Be considerate when declining offers, please decline/counter the offer within a week. If you are still thinking about it, let them know. Be considerate, these athletes are getting paid millions of dollars!! Communication is KEY. Once the trade is accepted by both parties, feel free to Message an admin to make the trade official.

Regarding Gameplay:

Defending the guy with the ball is not necessary. I heard that this is enforced in some leagues, but not here. It’s actually best to defend the guy with the ball since the computer tends to jump at the shooter, but this is NOT a rule in our league. If you like to control the paint with the Center, by all means do it. Just don’t cry if your guard keeps getting fouls.

Full Court press is not allowed on every play. This irritates some people, but I have no problem if done to play catch up in the fourth quarter. Isn’t this what they do in real life? As long as you are sticking to Sim-Style play there should be no problem. When in doubt, think what would happen in actual Basketball (hence the name “Simulation”).

FINDING A LEAGUE GAME:

Best thing to do in finding a game is adding all the people in the league to your friends list. Once you find someone logged onto their 360, send them a voice msg/private chat asking if they’d like to play a “NAME OF LEAGUE” game. Mention the name of the league, some people are in different leagues.

Another way to find a game is by posting on the message boards that you will be in the League lobby and what time/date you will be there. Mention if Central/Pacific/Eastern time so we can all convert it to our times.

It is not guaranteed that someone will be in the League lobby. Do not sit there expecting someone to show up. The best way is to have all the league members added to your friendslist.

CONCLUSION:

Most of you have been hand picked into this league and I know are active. Others that were not active/cheesers were not invited here. Therefore I trust that we should all have a good experience in gaming here. Just thought I’d lay down these guidelines to fall back on in case we get into any issues in the future.

#1 RULE: Have FUN!! Be it Win or Lose!!

When In Doubt, ask yourself, is this something that happens in a regular NBA Game?
GD360
GD360
Admin

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2007-11-24

http://www.digitalsportsleagues.com

Back to top Go down