Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COD4 TIPS

4 posters

Go down

COD4 TIPS Empty COD4 TIPS

Post by John Mactavish Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:29 am

got this from a post at charlieoscardelta.com

Tip 1: know yourself= know what type of player you are (i.e. run and gunner, stealthy, sniper and the list goes on) some people also have better reflexes than others. By knowing this it will also help you out in terms of weapon loadouts. For example, if you are a person who enjoys running around relentlessly searching for people then maybe the jugger perk would suit you. You must pick the perks that suit your playing style not the most popular perks. Personally I run w/ the stealth class because that is what I enjoy and is what I am good at.

Tip 2: use cover= never run in the open, if anything run next to a wall (better than being smack dab in the middle of a street). Run from cover to cover (example: run to a car, crouch and look around then hoof it to the next piece of cover) It is amazing to see how many people do not do this. Although this strategy does not suit everyone. I live by the phrase “look before you leap” when I am playing COD4. Believe me I’ve had my share of leaping before I looked and the result was a round to the body and my helpless body flopping on the ground.

Tip 3: CHECK YOUR CORNERS! I see many people unhappy with campers and such. A good way to battle that is when your entering a room move slowly and check the corners before fully entering.

Tip 4: Use what is given to you = use everything in your arsenal (including the LMG's that are in game), which includes: Mini map, other people’s weapons, the pistol and PRONE (Makes you a harder target to spot and shoot obviously).

Tip 5: Take the time to enter into private matches. Gives you a chance to try out different weapons you’ve unlocked, hone your tactics as well as allows you to familiarize yourself with the various maps without all the pressure and chaos.

Tip 6: understand what type of gun you have. If you have a SMG there is no real point in shooting someone that is across the map. That reminds me in regards to firing rate, try not to sit there firing at the same target. No sense in wasting a full clip in trying (keyword: TRYING) to kill someone. If you have not downed them in a few shots I’d say around 3-5 (that’s just a guess) then just move on. Chances are someone is sneaking up behind you if you do not have a silenced gun.

Tip 7: occasionally check your 6: I have lost track of how many times someone runs right past me and I sprint right behind them for a good while and they stop to shoot only to feel hard, cold steel in their back (lol). Basically every now and then look behind real quickly.

Tip 8: there is no shame in running. If you are outgunned and you know it turn around and hoof it and hide. Who knows, that person may run right past you.

Tip 9: teamwork? yes teamwork. Although playing with people for the 1st time it can be hard to have sound teamwork. However, there are still a few things that can be done to at least improve from dead silence over the headsets. Simply talking to you teammates is better than nothing, letting them know where targets are, where they are running to and in which direction (N, NE, W etc). remeber you get better scores if you win the matches.
John Mactavish
John Mactavish
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-11-26

Back to top Go down

COD4 TIPS Empty Re: COD4 TIPS

Post by GD360 Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:35 am

GOOD POST from MacTavish...as usual, he has the scoop...

Great info...Not that I have ever been to war, but it seems like the more you play this like you are in a war, the better... In the games I stay down and close to the walls as possible, I find myself being more successful...In the games I feel like I am Rambo, I find myself spawning more than actually playing the game...

I love Tip 9... I try to live by that in any shooter!! Communication is key, and makes winning even more sweeter once you are a cohesive unit!!
GD360
GD360
Admin

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2007-11-24

http://www.digitalsportsleagues.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:37 am

Plus tip 9 is a must in DSL or else you get das boot jajaja

Note to others - Running in the open with the pump shooty may look like fun but like GD said, you spend more time respawning then actually playing farao
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2007-11-27

http://www.myspace.com/jt2482

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:43 am

GD360 COD 4 Stats:

Average Life - 15 seconds
Time Spawning - 5 minutes
Kill to Death Ration - -20 (I'm like Tiger Woods on a bad day)
GD360
GD360
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ohcan1 Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:48 am

Also i think a #10 should be added that states "catching bullets with you body is not considered a strategy"
ohcan1
ohcan1
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:55 am

I have like 16 Kills and 72 Deaths........I'm like Icky Woods on a bad day jajaja
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 1473

http://www.myspace.com/jt2482

Back to top Go down

Post by ohcan1 Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:17 pm

#11 "MEAT SHEILD" is not a custom class
ohcan1
ohcan1
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:38 pm

ohcan1 wrote:Also i think a #10 should be added that states "catching bullets with you body is not considered a strategy"

nice one...;lol!:

Catching bullets.. I thought that was an achievement ... damn, i gotta stop accumulating deaths...
GD360
GD360
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Mactavish Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:16 pm

found this military field manual from globalsecurities.org Here are some interesting combat skill tips

HOW TO MOVE

Movement in urban areas is a fundamental skill that you must master. To minimize exposure to enemy fire while moving:

* Do not silhouette yourself, stay low, avoid open areas such as streets, alleys, and parks.
* Select your next covered position before moving.
* Conceal your movements by using smoke, buildings, rubble, or foliage.
* Move rapidly from one position to another.
* Do not mask your overwatching/covering fire when you move; and stay alert and ready.

HOW TO MOVE AROUND A CORNER

Before moving around a corner, check out the area beyond it to see if it is clear of obstacles and the enemy. Do not expose yourself when checking out that area. Lie flat on the ground and do not expose your weapon beyond the corner. With your steel helmet on, look around the corner at ground level only enough to see around it. Do not expose your head any more than necessary. If there are no obstacles or enemy present, stay low and move around the corner.

COD4 TIPS FigD-2

HOW TO MOVE PAST A WINDOW

When moving past a window on the first floor of a building, stay below the window level. Take care not to silhouette yourself in the window, and stay close to the side of the building.

When moving past a window in a basement, use the same basic techniques used in passing a window on the first floor. However, instead of staying below the window, step or jump over it without exposing your legs.

HOW TO MOVE PARALLEL TO A BUILDING

When you must move parallel to a building, use smoke for concealment and have someone to overwatch your move. Stay close to the side of the building. Use shadows if possible, and stay low. Move quickly from covered position to covered position.

HOW TO USE HAND GRENADES

When fighting in built-up areas, use hand grenades to clear rooms, hallways, and buildings. Throw a hand grenade before entering a door, window, room, hall, stairwell, or any other entry point. Before throwing a hand grenade, let it cook off for 2 seconds. That keeps the enemy from throwing it back before it explodes.

To cook off a hand grenade remove your thumb from the safety lever; allow the lever to rotate out and away from the grenade; then count one thousand one, one thousand two, and throw it.

The best way to put a grenade into an upper-story opening is to use a grenade launcher.

When you throw a hand grenade into an opening, stay close to the building, using it for cover. Before you throw the hand grenade, select a safe place to move to in case the hand grenade does not go into the opening or in case the enemy throws it back. Once you throw the hand grenade, take cover. After the hand grenade explodes, move into the building quickly.

HOW TO USE FIGHTING POSITIONS

Fighting positions in urban areas are different from those in other types of terrain. They are not always prepared as discussed in chapter 2. In some cases, you must use hasty fighting positions which are no more than whatever cover is available.
CORNERS OF BUILDINGS

When using a corner of a building as a fighting position, you must be able to fire from either shoulder. Fire from the shoulder that lets you keep your body close to the wall of the building and expose as little of yourself as possible. If possible, fire from the prone position.

WALLS

When firing from behind a wall, fire around it if possible, not over it. Firing around it reduces the chance of being seen by the enemy. Always stay low, close to the wall, and fire from the shoulder that lets you stay behind cover.

WINDOWS

When using a window as a fighting position, do not use a standing position, as it exposes most of your body. Standing may also silhouette you against a light-colored interior wall or a window on the other side of the building. Do not let the muzzle of your rifle extend beyond the window, as that may give away your position. The enemy may see the muzzle or the flash of the rifle.

The best way to fire from a window is to get well back into the room. That prevents the muzzle or flash from being seen. Kneel to reduce exposure.

PEAKS OF ROOFS

A peak of a roof can provide a vantage point and cover for a fighting position. It is especially good for a sniper position. When firing from a rooftop, stay low and do not silhouette yourself.

COD4 TIPS FigD-17

The rush is the fastest way to move from one position to another. Each rush should last from 3 to 5 seconds. The rushes are kept short to keep enemy machine gunners or riflemen from tracking you. However, do not stop and hit the ground in the open just because 5 seconds have passed. Always try to hit the ground behind some cover. Before moving, pick out your next covered and concealed position and the best route to it.

Make your move from the prone position as follows:

* Slowly raise your head and pick your next position and the route to it.
* Slowly lower your head.
* Draw your arms into your body (keeping your elbows in).
* Pull your right leg forward.
* Raise your body by straightening your arms.
* Get up quickly.
* Run to the next position.

When you are ready to stop moving, do the following:

* Plant both of your feet.
* Drop to your knees (at the same time slide a hand to the butt of your rifle).
* Fall forward, breaking the fall with the butt of the rifle.
* Go to a prone firing position.

If you have been firing from one position for some time, the enemy may have spotted you and may be waiting for you to come up from behind cover. So, before rushing forward, roll or crawl a short distance from your position. By coming up from another spot, you may fool an enemy who is aiming at one spot, waiting for you to rise.

When the route to your next position is through an open area, rush by zigzagging. If necessary, hit the ground, roll right or left, then rush again.

MOVING WITHIN A TEAM

You will usually move as a member of a team. Small teams, such as infantry fire teams, normally move in a wedge formation. Each soldier in the team has a set position in the wedge, determined by the type weapon he carries. That position, however, may be changed by the team leader to meet the situation. The normal distance between soldiers is 10 meters.

COD4 TIPS Fig3-7

You may have to make a temporary change in the wedge formation when moving through close terrain. The soldiers in the sides of the wedge close into a single file when moving in thick brush or through a narrow pass. After passing through such an area, they should spread out, again forming the wedge. You should not wait for orders to change the formation or the interval. You should change automatically and stay in visual contact with the other team members and the team leader.

The team leader leads by setting the example. His standing order is, FOLLOW ME AND DO AS I DO. When he moves to the left, you should move to the left. When he gets down, you should get down. When he fires, you should fire.

FIRE AND MOVEMENT

When a unit makes contact with the enemy, it normally starts firing at and moving toward the enemy. Sometimes the unit may move away from the enemy. That technique is called fire and movement. It is conducted either to close with and destroy the enemy, or to move away from the enemy so as to break contact with him.

The firing and moving take place at the same time. There is a fire element and a movement element. These elements may be single soldiers, buddy teams, fire teams, or squads. Regardless of the size of the elements, the action is still fire and movement.

The fire element covers the move of the movement element by firing at the enemy. This helps keep the enemy from firing back at the movement element.

The movement element moves either to close with the enemy or to reach a better position from which to fire at him. The movement element should not move until the fire element is firing.

Depending on the distance to the enemy position and on the available cover, the fire element and the movement element switch roles as needed to keep moving.

Before the movement element moves beyond the supporting range of the fire element (the distance within which the weapons of the fire element can fire and support the movement element), it should take a position from which it can fire at the enemy. The movement element then becomes the next fire element and the fire element becomes the next movement element.

If your team makes contact, your team leader should tell you to fire or to move. He should also tell you where to fire from, what to fire at, or where to move to. When moving, use the low crawl, high crawl, or rush.

COVER

Cover gives protection from bullets, fragments of exploding rounds, flame, nuclear effects, and biological and chemical agents. Cover can also conceal you from enemy observation. Cover can be natural or man-made.

To get protection from enemy fire in the offense or when moving, use routes that put cover between you and the places where the enemy is known or thought to be. Use ravines, gullies, hills, wooded areas, walls, and other cover to keep the enemy from seeing and firing at you. Avoid open areas, and do not skyline yourself on hilltops and ridges.

CONCEALMENT

Concealment is anything that hides you from enemy observation. Concealment does not protect you from enemy fire. Do not think that you are protected from the enemy's fire just because you are concealed. Concealment, like cover, can also be natural or man-made.

Natural concealment includes such things as bushes, grass, trees, and shadows. If possible, natural concealment should not be disturbed.

COMMUNICATIONS

Communications are exchanges of information by two or more parties. The information must be transmitted and received/understood.

You must know how to communicate with your leaders and fellow soldiers. You must be able to tell:

* What you see.
* What you are doing.
* What you have done.
* What you are going to do.
* What you need.

PHONETIC ALPHABET

To help identify spoken letters, a set of easily understood words has been selected. Those words help to avoid confusion. BRAVO, for example, is the phonetic word of the letter B, and DELTA is the phonetic word for the letter D. BRAVO and DELTA are less likely to be confused in a radio message than B and D. Use the phonetic alphabet to:

* Transmit isolated letters.
* Transmit each letter of an abbreviation.
* Spell out unusual or difficult words.

COD4 TIPS Fig7-2
John Mactavish
John Mactavish
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content