Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2K9 - Anyone wanna finish a league?????????

+4
arrogant donkey
aRod914
Hudacris M3
TDANZA420
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

2K9 - Anyone wanna finish a league????????? Empty 2K9 - Anyone wanna finish a league?????????

Post by TDANZA420 Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:52 pm

Ok........ARod brought up the point that it looks like we will never finish a league and there are many reasons why. I think we try to let everyone join because thats what this community/group is all about. There is no fact that we are all SIM players but the dedication or time allowed to get in games just is not there. I think we do need a casual lg where we just play when others are on for the sake of not having to play lobby games but also we need a seperate lg for guys who want to play 5-10 games a week.

If anyone is interested in joinging another league......yes i know another league is not the answer but with Danza incharge that means not just anyone can be allowed in. I will message a select few (would like to try to keep it at 8-10 teams and the amount of games played will be open to a vote) but any others that want in just let me know on this site. Would prefer to do it all on this site so that nothing is being hidden or a secrete.

Straight up teams cause that will be easier then trying to put a draft together, other then that the rest will be voted on.

The Following have sign on:
Danza - ?
Huda - Pacers
Toran - Dallas
Arod - Raptors
Cano - Detroit
Donkey - Hornets
GD- Suns
Hunkulese - T'Wolves
13Ralph - Spurs
Papi joe - Nuggets

Also - if i get a count or have everyone signed up we will start ASAP.

Voice your opionin on how many games , settings , sliders, length, Admin.....ect

Was thinking the following

Games - 30? Not sure what the options
Settings - HOF
Sliders - Defult but open to changing if majority of group agrees
Lenght - 8min?
Admin - any volunteers?

Anything else let me know

Last edited by TDANZA420 on Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:07 am; edited 5 times in total
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2007-11-27

http://www.myspace.com/jt2482

Back to top Go down

2K9 - Anyone wanna finish a league????????? Empty Re: 2K9 - Anyone wanna finish a league?????????

Post by Hudacris M3 Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:07 pm

I call PACERS! lol
Hudacris M3
Hudacris M3
The Patch Informer

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Back to top Go down

2K9 - Anyone wanna finish a league????????? Empty Re: 2K9 - Anyone wanna finish a league?????????

Post by aRod914 Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:58 pm

damn you Huda...i have been running w/ the pacers online and they are sick…shooters all over the place. I picked them in Cano's league thinking we were doing straight teams….arggg!...Donkey, is it alright if i roll with the Raps?...if not ill go with the Warriors....my 4 gaurd and 1 big man lineup will have every1 scared....
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:24 pm

first come first serve Arod, if you want the Raps go for it.

So far that would mean the following are in :

Danza
Toran
Huda
Arod
Cano

Also - if i get a count or have everyone signed up we will start ASAP.

Voice your opionin on how many games , settings , sliders, length, Admin.....ect

Was thinking the following

Games - 30? Not sure what the options
Settings - HOF
Sliders - Defult but open to changing if majority of group agrees
Lenght - 8min?
Admin - any volunteers?

Anything else let me know
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Hudacris M3 Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:49 pm

sorry arod...didnt kno dat was ur squad lately....if u really want them let me kno
Hudacris M3
Hudacris M3
The Patch Informer

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:00 pm

ARod rocked it with Kareem Rush last year and that ugly Marquis Danels hahaha

i'm leaving my team vacant till the end, Will prob put it to a vote and just go with what ever team you all pick for me
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by arrogant donkey Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:34 pm

I'm in ya arod you can have the raps i wanna try out someone new anyway. BTW wat should i do with my draft league?
arrogant donkey
arrogant donkey
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2007-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by arrogant donkey Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:37 pm

I'm stuck between Hornets and Clippers who should i use?
arrogant donkey
arrogant donkey
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:49 pm

Donkey - Draft league is moving along but like always its the same group with 10-15+ games that are waiting on the rest to catch up. Alot of work was put into it so would suck to just drop it. Once the playoffs in the Official DSL wraps up - we can push for your draft lg to either pick up the pace or advance to playoffs. Its your league man so how ever you (or the admins) wanna handle it should be cool with the rest of us.

This league is more or less for those who want to play more games just not in the lobby or practice games. I have no problem setting it to 30 or more games cause with only 10 teams we will get a chance to play eachother more then once or twice. Seeing as all 10 of us are active getting games in should not be a concern or an issue.

Hornets are nice and good balance, Clippers i like after watching them play the bulls. Camby - Zach - Thorton - Gordon and Davis is a nice starting 5 to roll with
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:18 pm

Yo JT!! Give me da SUNS YO!! I'm a big JRich guy so I gotta take em!! =)

Donkey, that draft league will die a slow death. The only reason why I say that is because there are teams that are vacant. Not everyone is active enough. We are best running a league with 10 very active members.

This next league can be OFFICIAL DSL 2...the OFFICIAL DSL is crawling to the end. I finished my series with Toran so I hope the rest do the same...

G
GD360
GD360
Admin

Number of posts : 608

http://www.digitalsportsleagues.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GD360 Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:27 pm

we still haven't proven we can finish a 20 game schedule so in my opinion we do a 20 game sched with a best of 5 per round in the playoffs! =) Just my 50 cent...
GD360
GD360
Admin

Number of posts : 608

http://www.digitalsportsleagues.com

Back to top Go down

Post by aRod914 Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:39 pm

i think we should do the minimum games that are available and def do a single game elimination in the playoffs..makes the league go by faster, and almost insures that we most importantly finish the league..once we start knocking out the leagues, we can move to higher games and more rounds in the playoffs....just my two cents...

its all good Huda, ill run with the Raps and future Knick Chris Bosh....i look forward to Danny Granger lighting me up!
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunkulese Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:42 pm

I want in. Not sure who I want to play as yet.

Hunkulese
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by arrogant donkey Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:44 pm

ill take hornets and GD has a point i might have to just drop my league the only guys playing in it will be in this league. Huda arod wat u think?
arrogant donkey
arrogant donkey
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by aRod914 Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:15 pm

i don't know donkey...alot of guys did put time to play the games and I know some will be upset if we just dissolve the league. Personally, I play in leagues to avoid lobby games, so i don't care either way. Tough decision, but thats why you are head admin Very Happy
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Hudacris M3 Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:06 pm

man derrick rose is 2 much fun 2 use donkey Sad

lol and spencer hawes
Hudacris M3
Hudacris M3
The Patch Informer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunkulese Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:24 pm

I think I want to give the T'Wolves a shot.

Hunkulese
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by arrogant donkey Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:29 pm

i dont wanna make any quick decisions ill probably put out a vote to all the gys who have played the most games if 60% or more say yes ill drop it and we will move on
arrogant donkey
arrogant donkey
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:14 am

quick question for you all, am i able to create this on the 2k site or do i have to log in on my xbox to create the lg?

also, it seems that all 10 of us are in so the group should be solid.

Will go with the min games (20 i think) to start and if we finish quick we can always run another or even up the games played to 30 or something.

Now for the fun part..........what team should Danza roll with??? Seeing as i can make a star out of any player Smile I'll let you guys decide this for me. Will it be Milwuake and the return of the Luke "9-2-5 a.k.a All Star" Ridnour............The P Son and the Wiz???

Let me hear some idea's ladies..........tempted to take Chicago and the Legend jajaja
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by aRod914 Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:44 am

D!ick Jefferson FTW!...go with Milwauke....no Agent 0 = no fun

Danza...set the playoffs as single gm elimination
aRod914
aRod914
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Hudacris M3 Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:54 am

Danza.....do u dare sport the new look Knicks?

Or roll with A.I. #2 & the sixers???
Hudacris M3
Hudacris M3
The Patch Informer

Back to top Go down

Post by TDANZA420 Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:09 am

Bucks - My boy Joe Alexander can light it up
Knicks - New look new style....Danny G FTW
76'ers -.......Elton brand = over rated jajaja but Marreese Speights can bang

all are good choices......lets see what the other guys think.

Single game playoffs is cool with me.

We all good with 8min quarters or longer/shorter?
TDANZA420
TDANZA420
DSL Veteran
DSL Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by arrogant donkey Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:09 pm

8 min is good i think
arrogant donkey
arrogant donkey
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pappi Joe Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:43 pm

huuuummmm... who to pick..? orlando? houston? boston? mmmm or should i just pull a danza and go with a totally new team.... hey danza, what team is mike miller on? yeah that one, WTF.... Miller FTW! is it the Twolves or the Grizz? I always mix them up, just put me down with Mike Miller's team.

Im down with 8 minute qtrs, HOF, 20 games, and pleas econsider me when evaluating admin candidates.

PS dont forget about my boy maniacjay... who will I practice if his not in the league?
Pappi Joe
Pappi Joe
NBA 2K8 Champ

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2007-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Pappi Joe Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:58 pm

i just confirmed it's minnesota, and saw that they have one of the worst records this season... it should be fun!
Pappi Joe
Pappi Joe
NBA 2K8 Champ

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2007-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next